v

❝☞✉☜❞

❝☞✉☜❞

"There isn't much to begin with," Mikasa said as she helped Eren pick up the wood.

From what happened early. It kinda made me want to join the survey corps. It's because I can protect Eren and Mikasa. Even mom and Dad as I experience how it feels to be free out of the walls.

__________________

We went up to the familiar stones as we reached our home.

"Oh, family. We're back!" I shouted/sang as I burst into the house.

"Y/N. Please stop doing that" Mom said as she was cooking and Dad was sitting "Welcome home"

We went inside as Eren and Mikasa placed all of the wood including mine in a box as I sat across dad.

"My, Eren. I seen you've worked hard than usual" mom said as I gave mom a 'that brat is lying' as dad chuckled.

"Y-yeah" Eren replied as Mom pinched his ear. "What "

"It's warm. I can tell your lying" Mom said "Mikasa and Y/N helped you, didn't they?"

"Oh. Dad, are you leaving?" I asked as I ate a slice of bread.

"Work?" Eren also asked.

"Yes. Medical exams within the inner walls. It should take around two to three days" Dad replied.

"Oh"

"Eren says he wants to join the survey corps," Mikasa said as Mom looked at Mikasa in surprise as I nod in agreement.

"M-Mikasa. I told you it's a secret" Eren exclaimed.

"Oi Eren. Don't blame Mikasa. She just wants to keep you safe." I intervened.

"Eren! What are you thinking?!" Mom said as she went to Eren's side. "Do you know how many people died outside the walls?!"

"I do!" Eren replied.

"Then why?!-"

"Eren" Dad's low voice spoke, "Why do you wish to venture outside the walls?"

Dad's question took me back as I remembered that he also asked me that same question back then. At the age of 15.

My answer was that I wanted to explore what really lies outside, if there are other people and if there are more secrets to be revealed.