5• |Dhruv and Nandini|

Dedicated to archasa krishnagindodia mananbookwriter navyajaya EMMAJAY44 HazeLCoeuR for commenting on the previous chapter.

Special mention to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter dhatri22 ashuban Nidzz26 DivyasreeVajjala darkangel142111 divya869 Vihaana1ahir adorable_angel14 thodapyaarthodamagic kyy_lovesaga nyctophile1698 MadhumithaSundaram Scary-little-doll

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

"Sorry! I have to take this

"Sorry! I have to take this." Nandini apologized to Manik. Her phone rang before she could answer him and since the call was from her mother, Avni Talwar, she couldn't ignore it.

"No problem!" Manik replied as he watched her answer the phone. She made no attempt to move away which made him smile a little.

Phone conversation:

Nandini- "Hii, mumma!"

Avni- "Hello, kiddo! How's my baby?"

Nandini- "I'm good and definitely not a baby." Manik chuckled slightly as she glared at him.

Avni- "You will always be my baby! Anyway, I'm calling because Saeesha wanted me to confirm if you're still coming over for the weekend."

Nandini- "I don't think, I'll be able to take a leave, ma. I'm starting today, at the other branch and it won't look good if I ask for a holiday, in my first week there."

Avni- "I understand but your sister is going to be very disappointed. She was really looking forward to seeing you."

Nandini- "Don't worry, ma. I'll talk to her! How's dad doing? He texted me yesterday and asked me to call when I free so I was thinking we could face-time tomorrow morning?"