31• |Unanticipated denouement|

Dedicated to googleybear7 urvishah454 Sonipriyanka6582 archasa partholic_isha navyajaya SrishtiSharma9 palak1106 GunjanParwani21 krishnagindodia

Special mention to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter dhatri22 shreyamnsf syleuven1 darkangel142111 Vihaana1ahir shri___

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

"I feel like shit!" Nandini mumbled to her mother over the phone only to be cut off

"Language, baby! I might come off as the cool parent but I cannot tolerate my daughters cussing around me." Avni chided, trying to sound strict. She hated when anyone swore around her so it was very much understandable as why she'd hate to hear her kids do the same.

"Who are we kidding here, Mumma? Dad's the cool one and we all know that!" Nandini remarked with a smirk as she loved riling up her mother, simply because it was fun. It didn't matter if they were in the middle of a heart-to-heart conversation about Nandini's recent fall-out with her best friend in the whole world.

"We will talk about who is the cool parent when you introduce your next boyfriend to us!" If Nandini loved testing Avni's patience then even Avni was her mother who knew how to cut her daughter's imaginary wings.

"Fine! You are the cool one! And for the record, I do not have a boyfriend so that day is not even in the near future." Nandini surrendered, happily. Introducing all of guy friends to her overprotective father had been a tedious task so she was just glad to be not in that position. Oddly, Randhir was acceptable to Arjun after just two meet-ups but Nandini wasn't sure if she could be fortunate again in that area.

"We are getting off-topic! So Jen is upset with you for what now?" Avni questioned Nandini.

"She feels that our friendship is one-sided, from her side, of course because I don't share anything with her. She wasn't a peach about it while she told me off. The conversation got pretty mean from her end." Nandini responded with a glum smile. She loved Jeanette and the fact that she was out there, having doubts about their entire friendship of almost four years, was unsettling for Nandini.