26• |Conflicting confrontations|

Dedicated to syleuven1 adorable_angel14 archasa fullofmusic18 navyajaya shreyamnsf krishnagindodia SrishtiSharma9 mightypanda300

Special mention on to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter dhatri22 Vihaana1ahir Mananpanihumesha palak1106 darkangel142111 KriyaRhiya

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

"Don't bother, Nandini! You know how bad, I've been feeling, in this past month for letting down Sam

"Don't bother, Nandini! You know how bad, I've been feeling, in this past month for letting down Sam. Did it ever occur to you that you could ease that part for me? If you were worried about your best friend's confidentiality then, I could have pretended to not know in front of Sam till he told it to me himself. At least, I could have been guilt-free while working where I'm working now." Manik pressed. He did not bother to sugar-coat his voice or cover his displeasure from her. Nandini sighed as she did not like the look of dismay on his face that she had partially caused for him.

Manik shut the takeout container with a scowl and dropped it onto his lap, unable to continue with eating his dinner after that interaction. Nandini looked at his actions and passed him a disapproving look. Regardless of whatever was happening, she hated it when anyone disrespected food and so his actions irked her.

"Manik, please try and understand. This wasn't my thing to tell you and yet I blurted it out to you. Believe me, I have lost count of how many times I fought with Jeanette and Sameer to get him to tell you about this. In fact, things at home, between Jeanette and me, are still tense because of this. I..." Nandini did not know how else to make him understand of the lengths that she had gone to, in order to get Sameer to admit this to him.

"Let me stop you there... You don't have to tell me all this because I know that you'd have done all that. But, the thing that is bothering me is how you kept this to yourself, even after knowing everything that was happening between Sam and me. You were the only person who knew about how miserable I had been feeling because I thought that I had let my friend down. You could have eased this up for me if you wanted to but you chose to do the opposite." Manik stated clearly as he made eye contact with her after turning sideways. He was hurt and he wanted her to know about the part that she had played in this.