37• |Tortuous turbulences|

Dedicated to urvishah454 googleybear7 annmaryjohan sherux25 _manan_tales_ darkangel142111 simrangharge Poojathotker SrishtiSharma9 infinityHouse krishnagindodia archasa

Special mention to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter ashuban syleuven1 dhatri22 ishikalahoria Vihaana1ahir mightypanda300

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

"Get two presents

"Get two presents. They will get suspicious if we show up with a joint present, don't you think?" Manik said over the phone, hearing which Nandini rolled her eyes. It was the most obvious thing he had ever said to her or anyone.

"Flashback of the last one minute- I asked you 'I'm at Harmony Mall and I'm buying a gift for Cabir and Navya's kid? What do YOU wanna give her?' By that, I meant to ask if I should buy something from your side as well. Which part of this suggested that I want to go there with a joint present, huh?" Nandini mocked him by restating her question.

"Get a stroller from my side." Manik asserted, grumpily.

"That is what I got them, Manik. Suggest something else." Nandini chuckled, mutely, and pictured his grumpy face.

"I cannot think of anything else. You pick something that you find fit. I'll talk to you later." Manik mumbled. He did not expect from himself to get upset over such a silly thing but he did, anyway. It stinged him that she would not even consider the prospect of them going together as a couple. He was excited for that part of their relationship while she was not even considering it.

"Manik, you are the one who wants to keep it a secret. Why are you upset now?" Nandini asked him as she understood that he was upset and over exactly what he had asked her to do, in the first place. She pushed the stroller over to the billing counter as she decided to buy a small piece of jewelry as a gift from her side. Manik wanted to gift a stroller so he could have this, she thought.