21• |Precipitous curveballs|

Dedicated to Ishumanan navyajaya SrishtiSharma9 urvishah454 krishnagindodia a11usernamestaken divya869 archasa

Special mention to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter dhatri22 dreamcatcher_H Mananpanihumesha Vihaana1ahir darkangel142111 mightypanda300

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

The garden area of the resort was embellished with beautiful flowers and drapes of bright colours. The music that played in the speakers, and the drunk yet overdressed guests, standing in small clusters, in the arena, all together, screamed that this was a stereotypical Punjabi wedding.

Mukti Vardhan or soon-to-be Thakkar, looked every bit of the gorgeous angel, adorned with the bridal glow. She was seated on the decorated couch in the centre of that garden and she was surrounded by all the ladies and women of both families. She was being showered with loads of attention from all of them yet her eyes remained locked with her groom who seemed handsomer than ever, standing with Arjun and Mukti's father, not far away from where she was seated getting henna applied on her hands by one of the make-up artists. The Malhotra twins- Daivik and Dakshika were clever photographers who busied themselves in capturing these beautiful moments for the star-couple.

The whole energy of that place fanned out happiness yet all that Manik could feel was anxiety while being seated at one of the chairs at the end of the set-up. The reason behind his worry was none other than Nandini Murthy who had successfully occupied a place in his mind, over these few weeks, that he did not really want to allow for himself. This was a painful road and he had gotten a taste of it, nine years ago and yet somehow, he could not resist this energy ever since he bumped into her at the restaurant, that night.

One could call him crazy if they wanted but for some reason, he felt like this time it wasn't one-sided. He did not know for sure, what he was feeling for his friend/former best friend but he was suspicious that this could be a mutual feeling.