13• |Shades of friendship|

Dedicated to sayonara1503 krishnagindodia SnehaRoy6 Ishumanan navyajaya afrin870 adorable_angel14 divya869 nyctophile1698 darkangel142111 SrishtiSharma9

Special mention to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter ashuban Nidzz26 Mananpanihumesha Vihaana1ahir dhatri22 Tom_Jerry96

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

"Tell me again, why you aren't coming with me to this party, again?" Jeanette asked Nandini as she stomped her way to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water

"Tell me again, why you aren't coming with me to this party, again?" Jeanette asked Nandini as she stomped her way to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water. Nandini could say that her best friend was pissed at her for ditching her. Nandini had promised to tag along with Jeanette for this party in a club that she had rescheduled just for Nandini. Jeanette wanted her to come so she had planned it on Nandini's off day but Nandini blew her off in the last possible moment.

"I'm sorry, okay? I completely forgot about our plan and I promised Manik to help with a work thing. It is important for him so I couldn't back out." Nandini justified herself. Nandini was dusting everything in their living room because this was the only time, she could do this, during her weekly off. Jeanette never bothered to clean her own closet so the rest of the house was far out of question. Nandini hated to nag someone for anything. She'd rather do the work by herself so she did all the cleaning work of their apartment, except for Jeanette's room, on every Sunday.

"Okay! I gotta ask, how close are you and Manik? And why haven't you ever told me about this guy?" Jeanette interrogated. She slumped down on one of their beanbags while Nandini continued her chores. This question was running in Jeanette's mind ever since that night of the dinner. She understood that Manik was closer to Nandini than she had told Jeanette so it made her wonder.

"There's not much to tell, I guess. We were pretty close, years ago, but we haven't spoken to each other in five years until that night he bumped into me at my old restaurant." Nandini lied through her teeth and she could not understand why was she lying to her own best friend. Back then, Manik was her best friend and she never felt guilty for not telling him about this for obvious reasons but now Jeanette was her best friend and they were tight with each other, at least enough for Nandini to trust Jeanette and tell her about it.