16• |Anarchic departure|

The response has dropped massively but I'm grateful for all the ones who have stuck back even after me being MIA for so long. Thanks for not losing faith in the book and me as a writer🤌💕

Dedicated to MaheKumar dhatri22 manan_ky2 archasa adorable_angel14 krishnagindodia mightypanda300 googleybear7

Special mention to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter Vihaana1ahir darkangel142111 dreamcatcher_H Mananpanihumesha aishhhhh1

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

"How are you getting to Pune?" Nandini asked Manik over the phone call through her airpods. Her hands were busy in packing her stuff for her trip to Pune where Mukti and Abhimanyu were tying the knot in a very small ceremony with just family and a few friends.

Abhimanyu and Mukti had to push their wedding date for another two weeks but they were having the ceremony. The state government had lifted some of the restrictions and so they were permitted to have 50 people at their wedding. Hence, they had booked a small resort in Pune for their wedding since that is where most of their family lived. As about friends, they had invited their entire gang from college and that was it.

"I still don't know if I should be going, Nandini. With this new job and the lockdown restrictions, I don't know." Manik said to her from the other end making her roll eyes at him for starting this repetitive argument again.

"Manik, I am done trying to convince you into this. You have already missed Cabir and Navya's wedding. You decide now, if you want to deliberately miss another one of our friends' wedding. I am leaving for Pune in my car by 7pm tonight. I offered Randhir, a ride and he's coming with me. If you decide to come and need a ride then come to my building by 6:45." Nandini instructed. Although, she had no idea that she had struck a nerve by mentioning that Randhir and she are going to be driving together to Pune, by themselves. Manik almost instantly knew that he was not going to miss this trip at any cost. A part of him felt bad for doing this but he couldn't help himself either.

"Manik, you there?" Nandini broke Manik's trance when he didn't speak for another minute.

"I'll see you in the evening." Manik said to her making Nandini grin widely. She did not know what made him change his mind, in an instant, but she was glad about it.

"See you!" Nandini said before hanging up. She then closed the zipper of her suitcase after she finished packing everything that she might need.

------

"Hey! What are you doing?" Jeanette asked Nandini after entering their apartment using her keys. Nandini was in the kitchen, doing something, so Jeanette asked her that.