20• |Inane premonitions|

Dedicated to googleybear7 scotdevil568 divya869 SrishtiSharma9 archasa Ishumanan krishnagindodia

Special mention to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter Vihaana1ahir dreamcatcher_H dhatri22 Mananpanihumesha mightypanda300 darkangel142111

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

"Is something off between you and your parents?" Mukti asked Nandini while she helped Mukti get ready for her three-in-one ceremony of Roka, Chunri and Sagai (Punjabi pre-wedding rituals) in Mukti's suite

Mukti had no sisters in her family. She just had one elder brother and a bunch of male cousins. Mukti's mother had to help her sister-in-law with something since she was pregnant so, Nandini offered to fill in and assist the bride to get ready for that night's ceremonies.

"Why do you ask?" Nandini asked her because she was genuinely surprised that Mukti had noticed the tension between them in spite of being the bride. Mukti had a lot on her plate, then how did she take attention to what was happening with her?

"Can I not wear something else? This looks so heavy." Mukti quizzed to which Nandini laughed, lightly.

"No can do, sis. Your mother-in-law has handpicked your wardrobe and jewellery so, if you do not wish to disappoint her then bear with them for a few days." Nandini vocalized with a teasing glint in her eyes. Nandini chuckled and secured the lock to the gaudy neckpiece around Mukti's neck.

"God! Eloping was definitely a better idea than this." Mukti commented while wearing the heavy pair of earrings which were already causing her pain near the ears.

"Told ya!" Nandini asserted and they recalled how Nandini suggested the couple to elope when they were busting their asses in working for this wedding.

"Back to the point- Your parents and you were seated on two opposite corners during breakfast and I know you guys long enough to know when something's not right. So, tell me already." Mukti's tone had a hint of brag in it for being right about her prediction.