27• |Back to square one|

Dedicated to navyajaya darkangel142111 SrishtiSharma9 shreyamnsf archasa Youssimo partholic_isha krishnagindodia mightypanda300

Special mention to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter dhatri22 Mananpanihumesha dreamcatcher_H Vihaana1ahir syleuven1 fullofmusic18

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

Twelve weeks later

Twelve weeks later

"Manik yaa.... please convince your stubborn-headed best friend to come. We've had this plan for weeks and she just cannot cancel on me for Dhruv." Jeanette cribbed over her phone as soon as Manik answered her call.

"Convenient uh, Bronson! Whenever she's difficult to deal with, she becomes my best friend and all the other times you just would not even admit that she's my best friend as well." Manik being himself did not let this opportunity to rub it in his frenemy's face that Nandini was his best friend as well.

"Well, if she's going to be this party-pooper, irritating and stubborn person then you can happily have her as your best friend coz, I'm done with the woman." Jeanette grumbled making Manik laugh. This statement would have pissed Manik had he heard it from her, a few months ago but times had changed for them and so had the equations between all four of them- him, Nandini, Sameer and Jeanette.

"You do not mean that!" Manik asserted, earning a small grunt from the other side and that confirmed that he was, in fact, right.

"Promise me, you'll talk to her!" Jeanette ordered making Manik smile. It was unreasonable to expect that from Nandini but he knew that Jeanette meant well when it came to things like these. He did not wish to push Nandini into something that she did not want to do but he understood Jeanette as well. To Jeanette, the four of them were a family and after learning her family's heartbreaking tale, he could never berate her for her irrational behavior.