14• |Preparatory manoeuvres|

~It has been a tough year for me and I do not wish to bore you with the details of why I went missing. Giving you my next chapter along with a promise to try and update my story once a week. 

Thank-you to all the ones who've waited patiently. My DMs are full of beautiful messages and I'm more than grateful for all the love that you've showered on my works.~

Dedicated to dhatri22 _its_unicorn_ divya869 adorable_angel14 sayonara1503 ashuban navyajaya krishnagindodia SrishtiSharma9 darkangel142111 dreamcatcher_H a11usernamestaken ashusingh678

Special mention to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter RajiniAdavelly __krinalP_ Mananpanihumesha Vihaana1ahir mightypanda300

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

-The second wave of Covid-19 has crossed the boundaries of severity and for which the state of Maharashtra was put under a strict lockdown of seven days for the second time, effective from the coming Monday 8am.- Nandini read the sub-headline of the article on Saturday night while she was waiting for Jeanette to pick her up from outside ROB since Jeanette had borrowed her car for the night. The people were given a day's time to make arrangements before the entire state would go into complete lockdown.

Nandini sighed looking at that article with the thought of wonderment about what all would happen this time. The last time when the entire nation was shut down, a lot of people had suffered with various issues of their own so why would this time be any different. This was a mandatory measure but it had its own consequences as well. Just when she was slipping into a trance, Jeanette pulled up in front of her.

"You watched the news?" Jeanette questioned Nandini as she settled on the passenger seat.

"I read it! Do we have enough supplies for this week or do we need to buy them?" Nandini asked after securing the seatbelt around her.

"I think we have enough stuff for a week. Just buy some onions and tomatoes." Jeanette said as they hit the road towards their home. Nandini was sure that Jeanette looked a little worried about something but she was trying to hide it. Jeanette was the kind of person who wouldn't share what was bothering her by herself. She always needed Nandini to push her into talking about her feelings and just like pieces of a puzzle even Nandini knew when something was off with her best friend.

"What is it, Jen?" Nandini asked Jeanette bluntly.

"What? Nothing!" Jeanette squeaked. Nandini rolled her eyes because she knew exactly how squeaky Jeanette's voice got when she was lying.