9• |Obsolescent demons|

Dedicated to archasa ashuban SrishtiSharma9 krishnagindodia Angel_v_96 afsanaSaba13

Special mention to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter dhatri22 DivyasreeVajjala Vihaana1ahir divya869 kyy_lovesaga mightypanda300 nyctophile1698 darkangel142111 adorable_angel14 znmdznmdznmdznmd

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

The day when Nandini was leaving, Manik offered to drop her at the airport

The day when Nandini was leaving, Manik offered to drop her at the airport. During their ride, they kept talking about how different their life would be at St Kalys and what all were they planning to do in Mumbai with Manik's newly acquired freedom. After reaching the airport, the two of them stepped out of the cab and right when, she hugged him to say 'bye', he muttered a faint "I love you!" to her while having his arms wrapped around her petite form.

Nandini wasn't sure if she heard him right so she broke the hug to have a clear look of his face. "I am in love with you..." Manik repeated for her confirmation. Nandini felt like bombshells were thrown at her by this confession. Manik had become such an important part of her life that she did not want to lose him at any cost. She also did not want to lose Alya because if she found out about this then things between the two girls could never be the same again. She had never looked at him in that way because of the constant reminder from Alya that she had feelings for Manik. Nandini did not understand what to do when Manik dropped that bomb on her.

"Nandini, say something..." Manik urged her because she had gone silent for three minutes straight. "I... I d...don't feel for you that way. I do love you b... but just as a friend. Nothing more..." Nandini stammered a lot while rejecting him almost as if something inside her did not want to turn this down. Deep down something felt so right about this wrong thing yet she couldn't give into it. She shot him down anyway, no matter how much it broke her heart to see that look on his face.