29• |Conspicuous exchanges|

Dedicated to KhushBahety_09 googleybear7 navyajaya annmaryjohan darkangel142111 palak1106 adorable_angel14 krishnagindodia TaraaSharma GunjanParwani21 Sonipriyanka6582 shri___ partholic_isha

Special mention to the ones for leaving a bunch of beautiful inline comments in the chapter Mananpanihumesha dhatri22 Vihaana1ahir syleuven1

Hugs🤗 and kisses😘 to the ones who voted as well.

----×----

"Before you ask me anything, hear me out, once. Whatever, I said that night, those things... that's way back in the past. Talking about it is not going to make any difference today or whatever has happened ever since... So can't we just skip through this part which is just going to upset you and pretend like you didn't hear anything from me that night?" Nandini tried one last time to avoid this conversation. She knew that this would just sadden them more, if they talked about it and hence, she wanted to spare both of them from the pain. 

"If I could handle your rejection to my face and still be your friend then I can definitely handle knowing that you... Actually, I do not wish to speak for you. I'm so mad at you right now! I don't care for your logic to not have this conversation, alright? I need to know things and I'd appreciate it if you do not lie to me about things like you've been doing for god knows how long." Manik rambled in anger. She would never let someone speak to her that way but right now, she felt like she deserved this. If the roles were reversed, she might act out worse than him.

"I won't lie, I promise." Nandini breathed. The vulnerability of her secret being out was still there and the fear on her face managed to melt a small part of Manik's heart. He reminded himself that no matter how this turns out, he had to make sure that their bond in the present should be unharmed. It would, obviously, never be the same again but he would have to try.