S/O insecure of their relationship

You buttoned the last of your uniform and stared at your reflection in the closet mirror. The longer you stare at yourself the more you become engulfed within your thoughts.

"You're ugly"

"Just look at yourself, you're hideous"

"You will never be good enough..."

"You don't deserve Satoru."

You feel the tears pool in your eyes, as you look towards your reflection. All you could see what was a girl who could never amount to anything. Despite the tears slowly rolling down your reflection's eyes, you don't wipe them away. Horrible thoughts, plaguing your mind on repeat like a broken record. You could only solemnly stare back at your reflection, eyes filled with deep sadness.

" (Y/N) chan, are you done~?"

Gojou bursts open the door stepping into your shared bedroom. You snapped from your trance and quickly turned around and faced your back towards him. Afraid that he might have seen you crying silently.

"H-huh, oh yeah I'm don-e" you replied quickly, trying to wipe away your tears and forced a smile upon your lips as you turned back to face Gojou. Walking towards him, keeping up an act that you weren't just crying a few minutes ago.

"You're disgusting"

"Let's go, Ijichi is waiting outside..." you say as you passed by him to leave the room. But before you could step outside your bedroom door, a hand grabs your arm. Surprised, you halted in your step and looked towards Gojou, who was still standing and facing the bedroom.

"What's wrong, Satoru?" You ask trying to feign curiosity, afraid that he might have seen through your act.

"Who did it?"

"Huh..?" As you stared back at him dumbfounded, not understanding the meaning behind his words.

"You will never be good enough..."

"Who hurt you, tell me." He spoke, lacking the usual enthusiasm he always carried within his voice. He reached out and grabbed both of your arms, preventing you from leaving your shared bedroom and turned you to face him. Even with his blindfold on you could feel him staring at deeply into your eyes.

Of course, he'd seen youーthe way your eyes are red and puffy, cheeks tinted pink. Of course, he heard you, your voice that didn't contain the usual happiness within them. Of course, he knew something was wrong. Nothing escapes from his eyes....

"Nobody hurt me Satoru, I'm fine" you say as force a bigger smile upon lips. Your facade slowly crumbling.

"He deserves someone better."

"You're a horrible liar, you know that." He says as he let's go of one of your arms pulling his blindfold downwards. Those eyes, those beautiful blue eyes were filled with uncertainty and sadnesss. Unbeknownst to him that you yourself had been the culprit who had hurt you. How you hated seeing his eyes like this, where were his beautiful ocean eyes you've loved with all your heart.

"It's all your fault."

Seeing him like this, you could feel your eyes starting to water.

"It's because of you"

It's because of me....

More than anything, you hated seeing Gojou like this. The man who always smiles through anything no matter how tough things get. Always on missions, exorcising curses, saving people and losing them.... No matter what he has to smile, everyone is depending on him.

"I don't deserve you..." you whisper,unable to hold your tears back any longer. You feel them trailing down your cheeks as you peered up to look straight into his eyes. "You're too good for me..." you say as you clench his shirt, slowly looking away from his eyes to lower your head to rest against his chest.

"Satoru..."

You were practically sobbing at this point, clenching his shirt, face pressed against his chest. Body shaking, slowly losing your strength to stand.

Before you could sink entirely to the floor, two arms pull you to rest against his chest. Hugging you tightly as if you would disappear if he didn't.

"I'm sorry (Y/N), I'm the one who hurt you..."

As he hugs you tighter as you remained stunned at his words. How could he possibly thought it was his fault...?

"You m-mean everything to me..."

"I.....love you.."

Your eyes widen and you try to look up but he only holds you even tighter, preventing you from seeing him.

"I love you...(Y/N)...."

You feel his body slightly shake, you hear the sadness and love laced within his voice.

"I love you too, Satoru...."

Ah, we're the same...