Gojo caught crying

You and Gojo both sit at the dining table as you both enjoy dinner. Even through it was quite late at night you couldn't pass on the opportunity of having dinner with your lover. You reheated everything and waited until he came home. Gojo was surprised to hear that you haven't eaten and mildly scolded you for it-even as you're both eating now.

"(Y/N)..."

Your eyes meet his from across the table, his hair was still a little damp from the shower and he was dressed casually. "I told you that you shouldn't wait for up me to eat! It's important to dinner at an appropriate time you know!" Gojo scolds you, the chopsticks in his hands emphasizing his words before taking a bite of the rolled omelet you made. You could only nod along with an apologetic smile on your face as you take a bite out of your food. You knew he meant well, but nowadays you both come home at different times that you don't really get the chance to enjoy even a simple meal together. Where chaos and uncertainty is always present in your line of work, you wanted to enjoy these simple mundane moments together. Where everything was peaceful and most of all that both of you are still alive.

Dinner goes by smoothly and now you're standing side by side doing the dishes together. You clean the dishes while Gojo rinses them, it was quiet unlike dinner where Gojo scolded you. You peek through the corner of your eyes to see his crystalline orbs cloudy, like his mind is completely somewhere else. Usually Gojo notices you staring at him and his eyes will always meet yours but this time they didn't. He rinsea the dishes but his mind was else where. You couldn't explain but the longer you looked at him, you felt an inkling of sadness bubbling inside you. You wondered what he was thinking about.

"Finished!"

Gojo shouts out enthusiastically as he wipes his wet hands, you doing the same time thing with a smile on your face. "Satoru" You called out to him, his back was towards you now. "Hmm?" He responds without turning to face you. "I made you something special~" You smile as he turns to face you with a mirrored smile that did not reach his eyes. "I want you to go wait living room while I prepare it okay?" Gojo nods a smile still on his face as he leaves the kitchen. Once you were alone you pulled out a box containing strawberry shortcake which you made just as you arrived home. You knew this was one of Satoru's favorites you wanted to try making it. You followed the recipe word by word but it didn't exactly turn out how you'd wanted it to be. The cream was a little messy and the strawberries were cut weirdly. "I hope he likes it." You whisper as you thought back to his cloudy eyes, cutting a slice of cake and gently placing it on a plate. You quickly grab a fork and make your way towards the living room.

As you entered the living room, you noticed how quiet it was, usually Satoru would have the TV on or play music from his speakers but he was quietly scrolling through his phone. "Satoru!" You exclaimed as you took a seat beside him with the slice of cake in your hands. Gojo snapped from his trace and turned towards you placing his phone down on the couch. You could see the slight surprise on his face which was quickly covered up with a massive grin. "Did you make this for me?" He asks excitedly as you hand him the slice of cake. You nodded with a smile on your face as he places the cake down to take quick pictures of it. After he's done he faces you with the plate in his hand and cuts a piece of the cake, before slowly lifting it towards his mouth. You could feel your stomach churning with nervousness as you await for his response. Gojo chews in silence for a moment further increasing your nerves before he breaks out into a huge smile.

"It's delicious!"

"Really?!"

You couldn't help but yell out in excitement, silently praising yourself, slightly jumping in your seat. Gojo nods along cutting another piece to eat. "I knew you liked strawberry shortcake, so I tried to make it on my own today. I never tried making it before but I followed the recipe exactly. There was a little trouble here and there but then...." Your voice comes to a halt as you take in the sight in front of you.

"But then?"

"Satoru, you're crying..."

A solemn tear rolls down Gojo's cheek while he still had the same smile-his eyes glossy. You stared at him as he silently chewed, another tear spilling from his eye. He takes another bite from it while maintaining his smile. You feel your heart sink at the sight, a tremendous weight placed upon you. You've known Satoru for years even before you started dating but never did you ever see him show any signs of weakness or cry.

" I am?" He looks confused before he places the now empty plate by the coffee table, then feeling his face. "Huh, guess I am." He says nonchalantly as he tries to wipe them away. "The cake was just so damn good you know!" You yelp as Gojo pounces on you knocking you down onto the couch as Gojo wraps his arms around you, his face resting on the crook of your neck.

"It's just the best cake I've ever had..." He whispers as the room settles into silence but this time a smile crosses your face as you return his embrace your eyes fluttering close.

"Thank you."

.

.

.

.

"I didn't expect you to still be awake, I could tell how tired you were by the look in your eyes. I happy that you waited for me even though you didn't have to. The dinner you made was delicious but it's not good to starve yourself. You even made me cake then proceeded to make dinner too. I noticed how the baking utensils were still not dried and how the kitchen counter still had a traces of flour on it but I could tell how hard you worked on it even though the cake was dry and a little salty but it was the best cake I ever had. Because you made it.

You're too good for me, a man like me doesn't deserve you. The happiness you've given me feels like a dream and I'm afraid one day-I'll wake up and to not see you there anymore. The thought scares me more than anything in this world...

You're the best thing that happened to me.

I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."

"Please don't leave me, (Y/N)...."