comforting a sad S/O after a mission

You could still hear their screams, echoing in your mind. The special grade was exorcised but that didn't matter, you were unable to save the victims of the curse.

You stare blankly at the moving scenery as Ijichi drives you back home to you and Gojou's shared home. Ijichi remains silent, unsure of the words of comfort to express towards you. He grips on the steering wheel tightens in anger at the curse who took the lives of the innocent. Feeling your sadness and regret in not being able to save them.

"Ijichi, I couldn't save them...."

He still remembers the look on your face as you step outside the barrierーtears slowly rolling down your cheeks, your eyes held no life within them.

As you finally arrived to your home, you stepped out of the car as Ijichi silently stares at at your retreating figure.

At the sound of the door unlocking, Gojou perks up from his spot on the sofa. It's not uncommon for either of you to come home late from missions. He runs up to door, getting ready to excitedly greet you home.

As you unlocked the door to your home, you were suddenly engulfed in an pair of arms. "Welcome home, my love~!" Gojou exclaims excitedly, tightly hugging you. You remained silent and pried his arms off of you and slowly took your shoes offーstepping into the living room.

Gojou stared at your back dumbfoundly, arms lying limp at his sides. Until he senses the waves of sadness coming from you. He bit his lip in frustration, he hated seeing you in such a state as his heart aches with pain.

You were slowly dragging yourself to the bathroom, eyes staring ahead at nothing. The pain, it was too much; it felt like a part of you had died along with the victims. You're a Jujutsu sorcerer, you should be used to this by now but how could you...? When you remember the face of a smiling mother who was sliced in half, while you held her wailing son, sparing him from such a sight. You were a failure of a Jujutsu sorcerer, what was the point if you couldn't save them you thought as tears were welling up in your eyes.

At the sound of running footsteps, your train of thoughts was disrupted but before you could turn around you were embraced from behind. Gojou's arms desperately cling to your form as he buries his face in your hair.

"(Y/N)..."

Your eyes widened, as you feel more tears trailing down your cheeks. You slowly place your arms on top of Satoru's, your body shaking and knees feeling weak. Unable to stand any longer, your knees buckled under your weightーwhile you sank to the floor. Gojou's form pressed firmly against your back as he follows you down.

Gripping his arms harder, you wailed, powerless to your despairーcursing at the unfairness of the world. You screamed and shouted as Gojou's grip on you tightened, his eyes filled sadness as he stares at the floor where your tears were dripping. He held you silently, sharing the sadness held within you. What you needed right now was not the words of comfort but of a place of comfort.