Ex to Lovers

"Well, if it isn't (L/N). Long time no see."

You resist the urge to roll your eyes, not needing to turn around to recognize who it is. You knew that voice very well. The voice of your former highschool love, Gojou Satoru.

You don't respond to him, instead choosing to face the abandoned hospital which resided the curse you were both tasked to exorcise. You couldn't fathom what the higher ups were thinking, pairing you up with him. He could of very well handled the curse on his own. Maybe the higher ups just wanted to make your life harder than it already is.

"Not even an acknowledgement?" Cold~" As Gojou comes to stand beside you. "Let's just get this mission over with." You say to him, as you entered the hospitalーnot bothering to wait up for him. "Hey, wait up!" Gojou jogs to walk beside you, matching his pace with yours. "You've look different, (L/N) in a good way of course." "And you took up to wearing an ugly blindfold, but I'm not here to catch up with you. Let's search the hospital, I'll start up going down. You do the opposite." As you walked towards the staircase leading up to the upper floors, Gojou stares at your disappearing figure with a sighーdoing as he was told.

"Satoru~!" You wave your hands as you beckon him to you. Gojou who was walking with Geto, perked at the sound of your voice and ran towards you engulfing you in a huge hug leaving behind an amused Geto. "I missed you, (Y/N)~!" He exclaims as he nuzzles his face against yours. You coo against the feeling of his warm face against yours.

You slashed the last cursed spirit, finally clearing the upper levels of the cursed spirits. You wondered how Gojou was doing. "He's probably done and left" You thought to yourself, as a sigh escapes your lips, your heart aching at the thought. He looked just as handsome as he was years ago and you couldn't stop the butterflies fluttering in your stomach at the sight of him. You push that thought away you decend the down the stairs. However, what you failed to notice was a special grade cursed spirit lurking behind. As you're almost at the entrance of the hospital, a long tentacle wraps around your leg slamming against the concrete walls. You feel your breath knocked out of you as your eyes widen at the cursed spirit. "I couldn't sense it's presence at all..!" As tried to recover from the blow, but before you could even make a move, the cursed spirit continued to throw you around like a rag doll. No wonder the higher ups sent the both of you on this mission, you thought bitterlyーfeeling your consciousness slowing fading away, you body giving up due to the excruciating pain. "Satoru.." you whisper, feeling the spirit dragging your bruised body towards it's mouth...

"Satoru, what do you mean..?" You whisper, your head unable to register the words your lover uttered. "I'm sorry (Y/N), but it's better off if we're separated" as Gojou turns his back on you, unable to look at your sorrowful face. "No, you can't just leave me like this Satoru!" You run grabbing the hem of his uniform, making Gojou halt in his steps. "I'm sorry (Y/N)" as he harshly brushed your hand away from his arm. Walking away from your stunned figure. You could feel your eyes water as your heart breaks into a million pieces watching him walk away from you. Your whole world collapsing in front of you....

"(Y/N)!" You broke from your trace seeing a blurry figure stand a couple meters away from you. Gojou quickly warps behind the cursed spirit as he smashes the spirit against the wall. You could feel the tentacle lose it's grip on your leg. Your body finally giving up, you lose unconscious as the lasy sight you see was Gojou ripping the head of the cursed spirit off.

《•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••》

You feel your conciousness again, as you bleary blink open your eyes against the harsh light. A white hospital room ceiling was the first sight you registered. You tried to sit up, but a tremendous pains shoots up, making you grimace but lie back down on the bed. You could see bandages wrapped your arms but you did not expect to see your bandaged hand engulfed in the hand of Gojou Satoru. He breathes slowly as he rests head in his arms while holding your hand, he was asleep. You froze not wanting to wake him up. As you continue to stare at him you feel a few tears well up in your eyes. Then a small smile graces your face as you tighten your hold against his hand.