comforting a sad S/O

"(Y/N)~?" Gojou pokes his head into your shared bedroom. He sees you hunched over, sitting on the side of the bed with your back facing him. The room was completely dark, only the light from the moonlight illuminating the room.

You perked up at the sounds of his voice, surprised that he was back home already. Rubbing your swollen eyes, you quickly tried to compose yourself. "Welcome home, Satoru..." you half whispered, afraid your voice will give away your true feelings. You didn't want to face him, you didn't want him to see you in such a state.

"(Y/N)..."

You reeled back in surprise, having been engrossed within your thoughts to notice he had already been in front of you.

"Don't look at me..!" You automatically responded, trying to hide your face with your arms. The tears in your eyes welling up again.

Gojou frowned at your reaction and crouched down in front of you, placing both of his hands on top of your arms and slowly pried your arms away. He was heartbroken at the sight he saw, tears rolling your cheeks while you looked away from him. He could feel the sadness within your eyes and he felt his heart ache at such a sight.

Gojou slowly slides his hands from your arms to take your hand within his, guiding your hands to reach for his blindfold. You gulped unsure of his intentions but followed his guidance as you pulled his blindfold down. His ashen hair falling gracefully framing his face. His oceanic eyes blinked and stared into yours.

"Hey, look at me. Focus on me..."

Your breathe hitched as your own eyes connected with his. However, only sadness and pain were reflected within them. You could feel your tears fully rolling down your cheeks now. Gojou slowly cups your face and brings his thumbs to wipe your tears away.

Sniffling, unable to control your feelings any longer, you reached out to himーpulling him into your embrace. Clutching the back of shirt as pale moonlight reflects your falling tears.

"I'm here for you (Y/N)..." he whispers as he starts stroking your hair , while his other hand pulls you closer to him.

"I'm never going to leave you, I promise" he says, clutching your shaking figure tightly. Your eyes widen at his confession and you tighten your grip on his shirt, trying to press him as close to you as possible. As you both sit on the floor of your bedroom in silence, embracing one another. While Gojou strokes your hair, his presence soothing your aching heart. With him you knew things would be better maybe not now, but someday...