One of this nights

The rain lightly taps the window of your living room, along with the sound of the rain accompanied the silence and darkness. The light of the moon peaks through the gaps of the curtain, casting a certain glow to the room as a clock could be seen signaling the time. It was currently two thirty eight am. You sat alone on the sofa, a blanket that was used to cover your shivering form around your shoulders. Knees pressed to your chest and eyes casted downwards, trying to provide warmth that you needed. You've long forgotten how long you been sitting up, blankly staring at your floorboards. The phone that rested beside you silent as the screen is black, no indication of a text or a missed phone call. You smiled bitterly as your eyes momentarily flickered to it. The selfie of you and him was used as your lockscreen.

He told you beforehand that he'd be back late but you never expected was for a new day to come before he was even home. You remember his solemn voice as he apologizes to you, the static in his voice as you pressed your ear against your phone. You also remembered the sad smile that crossed your face and the pain that came with it as you listened to his words, assuring him that everything was okay and that you'd wait for him. The pillow on your sofa has long gone cold, sleep was furthest from your mind as thoughts of him filled your head. The dull ache in your heart leaving you silent, as you await his return. You had woken to what you thought was the front door unlocking but that was too good to be true. Hours have long passed yet you remained in the same position.

"I'm home~"

You perk up from your position from the kitchen stove. Hearing the sound of your beloved home, brings a sweet smile to your face. You turn off the heat and quickly wipe your hands against your apron. You could hear the thundering of footsteps as Gojo makes an entrance by the kitchen. His blindfold discarded as his crystalline orbs sparking once they meet your form. "Welcome back!" You say just before you were lifted and into the arms of your lover, your feet not touching the floor anymore. You giggle in response as you wrap your arms around his neck in return, nuzzling into the crook of his neck. The usual scent of his cologne calming your erratic heart. "I missed you..." you whispered against his skin, letting your eyes fall shut in his presence. "I missed you more...!" Gojo practically shouts out as he twirls you around the kitchen.

You could feel your heart aching at the memory his scent, his voice, his presence-you missed him. The dinner you had prepared for him had long gone cold on the dining table even as you wrapped it in saran wrap. Those days where you both would happily eat dinner had long gone as you spend most of your nights alone, looking towards an empty seat in front of you.

Suddenly, your eyes flutter open to the sound of clicking as you could hear the passcode of your shared home being typed in. You couldn't help but release a breathe you didn't know you were holding as your mind repeatedly tells you that he's finally home but you couldn't bare to look up. Finally the front door opens and shuts, the sound of slippers making their way towards the living room.

"(Y/N)...?"

You didn't even flinch at the sound of his voice instead you opted to bring your knees closer to chest. You feel a familiar presence approaching you, before taking a seat beside you-his arm wrapping around your shoulder to bring you closer to him. "What are you doing still awake?" He asks as he tries to take a look at your downcasted eyes. You only blink, biting your lip in retaliation to all the questions you wanted to ask him. "Where were you?" "Why did it take so long?" "Why didn't you answer any of my calls...?" Yet those questions were left unsaid as Gojo stares at you in curiosity. "I told you, you didn't have to wait for me..." He sighs as he rubs your shoulder in hopes of comforting you. As your body unconsciously leans towards him, you felt your heart drop. That smell wasn't of his cologne, it did not belong to him.

"Alright let's get you into bed." He says as he slowly pulls you to stand up, his arm still wrapped around your shoulder. Reluctantly you allow your body to move, as he leads you towards your shared bedroom. Gojo hums a small tune as he walks along with you, but all you hear was the sound of your mind shouting at you. Your abrupt halt in your steps, makes Gojo turn to you. "Is something wrong?" He asks as he turns to stand in front of you.

"Don't say it."

"Say it!"

"Don't..!"

"Where were you...?" The words feeling foreign to you as you whisper them. Gojo cocks his head in confusion at your words before opting to answer your question, "I wasー" "Where were you?!" The sudden volume of your voice makes Gojo flinch as his words die in his throat. "Where were you..?!" You shout as your voice echoes through out your shared home as you finally look up towards him. You hands were fisted at your sides as you could feel your body starting to tremble. You could no longer drown out the words in your head, not when they kept getting insistently louder each time he fails to come home with that smell. Your teeth clenching as a wave of emotions wash over you, your husband only stares at you in shock. You refused to raise your voice under any circumstances but here he was on the receiving end of it. "(Y/N)..." Gojo whispers as he reaches out to embrace your trembling form but before his hand could touch your body, you harshly slap his hands away.

"Don't touch me!" As tears begin to form in your eyes, you could feel your nails digging into your skin. "I know, I know about everything...!" Your raise your eyes to meet his shocked ones, you didn't realize he had taken his blindfold off-too lost in your own thoughts. "W-Why..?" Your voice starts to crack as tears roll down your cheeks, "how could you...?" Gojo's hands are still frozen in the air from when you slapped them away, he couldn't form the words, he couldn't speak-he could only stare at you as you eyes demand answers from him. Gojo could feel his heart breaking at your tear stricken face, of the pain you were radiating. All the words, the sentences he wanted to say, remained frozen-he expected this day would come but he couldn't utter a single word. His eyes couldn't bare looking at you, he looked away from you refusing to meet your gaze.

"I'm sorry...."

Those were the only words he could utter as he lowers his head. You could no longer stand as sobs wrecked through your body, your tears dripping on the floor. Gojo clenches his teeth, the tremendous guilt flooding him. "I'm sorry..." You could feel your heart disintegrating, as the memory of a promise you both shared plays in your mind-bringing more tears to your eyes.

"I t-trusted you..."

.

.

.

.

.

"I trusted y-you to keep up your diet instead of sneaking off to eat sweets before coming home...!"