Chapter 28

Lauren's POV

The worst thing life can ever do to you, is let your heart fall for someone you know you can never have. Reasons vary and of course so does strength, but ultimately watching someone so perfect for you stand there behind a glass door palm to palm with no future complexity has to be the most painful thought in the world.

Falling for Emma was far different than anything I'd ever felt before, she understood my quirks and moods like nobody and had this weird way of calming me when I was at my most confrontational. She has this soft velvet voice and gentle cream like smile. Birds would sing and people would beam in her presence..

She was light in a moment where darkness only prevailed, my father and his heavy hands landing over my skin as if deserving of the pain, it hurt.. he hurt me! But she took care of me, protected me and made sure I knew each mark was only a problem of his not mine.. as much as I hated the man now stood within my office, I felt powerful against him, remembering what Emma had instilled within me

"Lauren! Long time no speak! I see business is booming? Lots of new faces around here.."

"I suggest you leave my building before I call the cops huh daddy? You didn't make an appointment, so technically, this is a break in!"

I smirked after wiping quickly at my damp cheeks, making sure he hadn't seen me weak for even a second of his useless time

"Now Now, I'm here strictly on business! This isn't a reconnection!"

He slammed walking further into the room as if invited, his familiar heavy set body and short blunt neck offering up a look of smug I was now slightly intrigued over

"Whatever business you have, it isn't wanted here! So take it else where or so help me I will deploy every weapon within my handle!"

"I think you'd be interested in what business I am involved with Lauren! It benefits you greatly and might I mention the academy!"

"Yeah ok, I already made 3 billion dollars this month and we're only sitting on the 14th so? Enlighten me on how your little hobby would benefit me in anyway!"

I bragged wanting as always for him to see how successful I had been even with the damaged he'd caused.. I'd always been the burden on his life, my entering this world being nothing but a daunting failure to him.. he'd always wanted a boy, a man that he could venture his business with but sadly he gained a Queen, one far too powerful for him and his pretty little ego..

"Well, might I start with the name Ramirez? The wealthy dance company just down the street, we have partnered on a trial basis and I advised him you'd be more than willing to offer up your client list!"

He beamed, almost proud of his ballsy statement while I o my dropped my jaw with soon rolling eyes, a pelting rage building just at the mention of the familiar name

"Ramirez! Ok, firstly I'd never offer you shit from the company that I built into succession! Secondly, that guy is a scum bag! He projects little girls onto screens half dressed, a plot for perverts if you ask me! So kindly? No fucking thanks!"

I shot back turning completely done towards my desk while he only laughed, I hated that laugh.. it was like a warning siren that he'd bumped up his ego to slash my mental tyres.. I simply didn't have the time! Almost in the same way as he'd never have the time for me, except I'd never hit him to make that clear..

"You're a fool Lauren! This would project your academy into the spotlight more so than it already is! This is an opportunity you'd be stupid not to accept! Besides, with all the dancers in this place, I'm sure you'd be glad to get them into work!"