Chapter 4

Lauren stirred against her thoughts for the entire day after Fallon had bombarded her with the truth. It seemed as though the words from her mouth hurt more than the shove against the wall, and for the first time in a while, she felt rather intimidated to say the least

She signed the last document of the day and slid it into the out tray beside her computer. Placing her pen back into its pot before standing to get ready to leave. Nothing felt right, the young Latina dancer somewhere within the building too caught up in her own mind to realise what Lauren had wanted from her

Last night's rehearsal session was a vent, a dramatic release of stress that was working wonders until the girl in question decided to enter in and speak her mind. She looked so beautiful and calm, her eyes glittering within the dim lights that hung above the studio

Now she was left only with Fallon's abrupt scold and a night filled with nothing. Just as she began to pack up her bag the sound of foot steps veered around the half cracked door, revealing a tired looking Emma shortly after

"Hey" she whispered gently, noticing immediately the absent mood her best friend was in "Just thought I'd let you know the studios are all locked up for the night"

Lauren nodded back, digging within her bag for her keys "Thanks, have a good night"

Emma smiled back as she lingered quietly in the corner of the room "Fallon told me that she went ape on you earlier" she admit, weary of regurgitating old news while Lauren finally glanced up to listen "Tensions are high right now huh?"

The woman darted her eyes across to the nearest wall, folding her arms and sucking her lower lip into her mouth "She gave me some home truths about Camila, if I'm being honest it kind of pissed me off"

Emma smiled again, desperate for once to keep the peace "Fallon loves you more than you love yourself Lauren" she began calmly "Jesus, if anyone stood in your way she'd come after them with a machete!"

Lauren barely reacted as she looked towards the ground with a sigh "I'm aware"

"She's right though Lauren" Emma began with ease in her tone "I watched Camila in class today and she is remarkable? I see a lot of you in her?"

"I doubt that" Lauren sniggered coldly "Her dedication is questionable, the lack of respect too! We are worlds apart!"

"She idolises you!" Lauren rolled her eyes "All she could talk about today was your technique from last night! LJ this is an incredible opportunity to build a star!"

"You sound like Fallon!"

"Two of us can't be wrong now can we?" The woman gasped "Since the day I started working for you, I have never seen anyone with that much passion!"

Lauren couldn't bare hearing about the girl she knew to be a talent. The feelings in her stomach caused undeniable turmoil and all she could think about was how she had rejected her

"Lauren say something-

"What, Emma!" She hissed quietly "What am I supposed to say right now? I know she's a good dancer, I know she wants to be here!"

"Why can't you give her a chance?" Emma retaliated "Lauren, she wants you! I know that's what's holding you back right now but I'm serious?" Lauren swallowed hard and regained her look of ice so blatantly Emma could almost see the wall coming up "Not that it matters, but when she was talking about you I could basically feel her heart beating! She was infatuated by the idea of you!"

"So why did she end things then!" Lauren whispered sharply "She wants me so badly, why did she tell me it was over!"

Emma laughed and flailed her arms "Look around LJ! Jesus Christ, you're the most intelligent woman I know?" Emma spat "She is terrified, suddenly propelled into fame after dragging her way into this academy? The first thing she did was get under your skin and claim your attention, no wonder she's out of her depths!"