Chapter 15

Lauren scribbled upon a document as the door of her office swung open to reveal a hot tempered Fallon bursting through the frame. She furrowed her brows and flailed her arms as she paced into the room with a grunt "Tell your tedious joke of a mother to stop interfering with my elites LJ!" She yelled "They're in there convinced the new campaign is going to be theirs!"

Lauren lifted her eyes only as she examined the woman's rage. The red scold in her eyes begging her boss to soothe her tantrum. Funnily enough, she didn't. She only stood with folded arms as the woman continued to huff and puff

"Well?" She growled "Are you not going to say anything right now?"

Lauren laughed under her breath and cocked a brow as she reached for another file "What would you like me to say Fallon?" She replied sarcastically, exercising her professionalism against the woman she warned of her emotional absence

Fallon huffed and folded her arms with a loud thump "Seriously?" She questioned "We're still doing this?"

Lauren finally slammed her pen down and cleared her throat "If you wanna talk to me darling, I'd advise knocking and walking in with a little respect for my office!" She began, smirking on at Fallon who now gaped her jaw in complete shock "This is a place of work!"

Fallon rolled her eyes as hard as she could with a stamping foot before taking a deep and seemingly needed breath "Fine!" She growled with bite "Could you please tell your mother to back off! I have a studio full of students now pressuring me to let them know about their position in the campaign"

Lauren smiled with a wink "Much better! Now, you can tell your students that nobody is guaranteed the campaign and unfortunately they have been majorly misinformed" she began, her emerald orbs striking power into Fallon's guilty grin "There is only one position available and the panel deciding on that person consists of Nikki, Dinah and me!"

Fallon scoffed on her breath and paced further forwards "What?" She grunted "You kicked me from the audition panel? Lauren, are you fucking serious right now?"

The woman nodded "Yep, it was an executive decision that has been taken to ensure only the best possible outcome for the Academy!" She explained with confidence "Nikki is the one who takes care of image so it's a no-brainer having her on the panel and Dinah has really stepped up lately in polishing her under eighteens!"

The woman in front rolled her eyes and fixed a few strands of hair before pacing the room with a shallow huff "So you're just gonna bar me and Emma from the business now!" She hummed "I knew this would happen you know, I told Emma it would!"

"What you and your friends discuss is none of my business!" Lauren smiled "I desire loyalty from my closest companions and frankly, you and Emma have given me reason to doubt such qualities! I'd take it on the chin and focus on making sure your students are ready for the auditions"

Fallon furrowed her brow and opened her mouth to speak, the sound of the door opening behind her pausing such words however when young Camila smiled from the doorway awkwardly

"Can I help you?" Lauren asked with a blunt but seemingly sweet voice. Camila lifted her palm and revealed a document, signalled in towards the desk with a gentle "Come"

Fallon watched with a scrutinising eye, confused by how calm Lauren was behaving after weeks of tedious conflict. Fortunately neither Fallon nor Emma had been informed of the pairs new found peace as Lauren didn't feel it important enough for them to know, her bitter feelings towards their friendship now proven by the absence of knowledge

Camila stood quietly beside the desk with a small smile as Lauren bent to sign the bottom of the paper, her long lashes and dark eye shadow hiding the green orbs previously scolding Fallon's outburst "Here, make sure you sign your part too, Jen is on the third floor if you want her to process it for next week"