Chapter 14

Camila stood with her back against the wall, her hands draped around the elders neck who for a moment felt oh so familiar. The way Lauren's fingertips gently stroked her lower back as they kissed ignited a comforting flame in Camila's stomach. Neither wanted to break the long awaited kiss, it was too perfect, too missed

Eventually however, Lauren pulled away, her left palm lifting to push away a few strands of hair from the girl's cheek with a weak smile "I've wanted to do that for so long" she admit with caution in her strong tone

Camila smiled back and lowered her head briefly, the slight hesitation in Lauren noted instantly "I get things won't exactly go back to normal anytime soon" she reasoned "We both have some forgiving to do. I will say though, telling you to go, was the biggest mistake I've ever made"

Lauren nodded and lowered her palms to gently grab for the girl's fingertips "I want you Camila, I don't want to fight or corrupt each other anymore but I agree, it's going to take time" she spoke honestly "You hurt me, I hurt you? I'd say we just, start again and see how things go"

Camila nodded back, her eyes glittering with optimism as the elder reassured her that their connection was mutual "Let's do that" she smiled genuinely, her pearly white teeth softening Lauren's own expression into a mirroring smirk "Fresh start!"

Lauren stepped back and walked towards the mirror with a tired sigh, her palms leaning down into the vanity to examine her own exhausted expression "You did an incredible job tonight" she spoke softly, continuing to stare into her own emerald eyes "I knew you would but I didn't expect it to be that good"

Camila released a tiny laugh as she followed the elder towards the vanity "Emma drilled me for hours until it was perfect, I guess I was also terrified of disappointing you too"

Lauren stood straight and cocked her brows as if her students fear of messing up in her presence wasn't already known "I'm never disappointed, sure I get angry but only because I'm a perfectionist" she laughed "I'm aware it's a toxic standard to have but I'd never be disappointed in my dancers ability to perform under pressure"

Camila smiled, reassured by the woman's confidence in her Academy. It felt good to level with her after spending so long in conflict, like a weight had been lifted almost "I get that" she replied "I think I'd be the same if my reputation was on the line"

Lauren lifted her chin and turned to approach her bag, the black duffle filled with clothes and other various garments. She pulled out a plain black hoodie and threw it across into the girl's chest "Put that on, it's gonna be freezing outside" she spoke, choosing a smart blazer for herself

"Thanks" Camila smiled back, holding onto the hoodie before throwing it over her head and shoulders "I'm so tired, can't wait to get back into bed!"

Lauren smirked "Same, today has been quite the day huh!" Camila nodded back "I arranged for you to travel back to your dorm with Zach, I'll be staying behind for press"

Camila nodded and sucked her lower lip into her mouth as she watched the woman redress herself into the most elegant suit she had ever seen "Thanks, I appreciate that" she replied with a soft tone "Good luck too, for the press, I don't know how you have the energy!"

Lauren walked towards the door and shrugged her toned shoulders "Practice!" She spoke back bluntly "Go on, get some sleep"

Camila knew the woman wasn't being rude in any way, they'd both experienced a whirlwind of emotions and frankly she was happy to escape despite longing to feel the elders lips for a little longer. She didn't talk much on the way home with Zach, he assumed her to be exhausted and drained so left her to rest with closed eyes and a relaxed looking expression