Chapter 13

Lauren

My mind ached with responsibility, the show now only two days away rotting any chance at a goodnight sleep. Putting out fires between students and fending off my mother not exactly the most effective way of keeping things on track

Camila's little outburst had rocked the boat by a mile, Eva being the bratty try hard she is, never stood a chance against the fireball! I only wished the girl would use her words instead of her hands! Still, Zach had his spot and frankly I was overjoyed to have such a genuine soul representing my name

I signed a document beneath my palm and sighed as Nikki snatched it into a folder "I think we're done" she remarked with a smirk "All that's left to do now is make sure the girl doesn't consume herself with anxiety!"

I scoffed "Highly doubtful, she's a firework just waiting to be lit!" Nikki laughed, folding over the brief case that contained exclusive details about the show "Just the other day I had to rip her away from another dancer in fear of her rearranging her pretty face"

"Call me crazy, but is that not the second time she has jumped to throw angry hands?" Nikki mocked, rolling her eyes as I leaned back to laugh "She's a little rowdy huh?"

"She's just like I was a few years back" I chuckled, biting my lip as I reminisced on the girls who crossed my path "No fear and entirely fuelled by rage!"

Nikki folded her arms and pursed her lips "I remember! You were far more dangerous than her however, nobody could touch you in fear of being hit! Camila calms at the very touch of your palms around her shoulders!"

I knew Camila was submissive to my nature, even now she did as told and revelled in my touch "We have very different views on people Nikki" I hummed with a devious grin "She begs to be loved, I begged to be hated!"

"Now look at you!" Nikki almost whispered back at me "No matter how much you beg for the girl to dislike you, she's still more obsessed than a little puppy dog!"

I furrowed my brows and scoffed "She is not, her intention is to gain my attention! Nothing else!"

"Oh don't be blonde Lauren!" She hissed with venom "That girl used careless words in a crisis and dropped you thinking it would make her feel better! Even I can see she's hunting you!"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed for a sip of the bitter liquid beside my computer "It's hard to trust when trust is broken"

Nikki cocked a brow "So you admit it's there! The chase she's got for you?" I nodded and lifted my fingertips towards my forehead "Well then, why all of the bullshit huh? Why can't you just talk to her like a human being and figure things out?"

"Because I don't want a repeat Nikki!" I huffed like a teenager "I'm an extremely busy woman and have duties coming out of my ears! Me and Camila were carefree fun, a sexy escape from reality! If that alone is too much for her to handle then why on god's earth would I risk it again?"

Nikki nodded back "I get where you're coming from LJ, I do!" She mumbled "But if you go your entire life refusing second chances, you'll never have anyone to escape reality with! Clearly you miss the girl and I'd be shocked to hear differently from her?" It made sense, the words from her mouth that was, I did miss her I guess, but peeking into her mind felt impossible

"It's a risk, Nikki" I grunted "I don't want to waste anymore time feeling shitty over a girl that can't even control her own emotions!"

Nikki cocked a brow and leant back "Control her emotions like you can?" She sniggered "God, it's like you're purposefully ignoring the obvious here!"