Chapter 25

Nikki burst into my office loudly with an expression that demanded immediate attention. The woman looked determined and confident about something and for a second I began to worry, placing my phone down onto the desk with a lifted chin and waiting stare

"I have news, big news!" She hummed, rushing towards my desk to set down her things "I did some digging over the weekend and figured out some stuff you might find useful"

"What did you find?" I asked anxiously, admittedly concerned about what in the world she could have uncovered "Tell me?"

She took a deep breath and lent down into the oak, her legs refusing to sit further evidencing the severity of her find "Your daddy has an inside man!" She began, my eyes widening in both shock and fear "I'm not sure who just yet, but I have my suspicions!"

"An inside man?" I gasped, trying my best to think over every employee I had walking the halls of my academy "Who are you thinking? Nikki I need to know?"

"No!" She blurted "If I let you in on this you'll end up causing a scene we more than don't need right now. We need total control over this situation, got it?"

I rolled my eyes and glanced across at the wall in frustration "I can't just sit here and do nothing if someone is out to help him!" I argued back "I can't focus on anything right now because of his threat, let alone a fucking con artist!"

Nikki cocked a brow "Chill Lauren" she pushed firmly "I will find out who is behind this trust me, and when I do, I'll let you have them" she began quietly "For right now, I need you to trust that I will handle this"

"I trust you" I sighed, fiddling my fingertips below the desk "This is stressing me out though, who the fuck would do me like that?"

Nikki shrugged "I don't know LJ, but whoever it is, they have Camila by the balls!"

"Meaning?"

"Meaning" she interjected "The dirt I found in their possession could do more than ruin the girls career. Seems to me like the person behind all of this has more of an issue with Camila than your dad does"

I gulped back and clamped my jaw, reminding myself of who it could be but coming up with nothing but a bubbling rage "How long will it take to figure out" I bit

The woman in front sighed "I'm gonna do some work on it today, I'll try and have this in the daylight by the end of the week"

"I don't have that long Nikki!"

"Too bad!" The woman replied "It takes time Lauren, if they realise we're snooping they will release the campaign on Camila and you can kiss her sweet ass goodbye!" She protested "I promise you Lauren, if they release this shit, it will be you she turns on first! Got it?"

I nodded back in disbelief and clenched my fists against the desk "Fine!" I hissed "But if this falls through, you better count your blessings!"

"Big talk LJ" she replied "Very big talk considering I'm the only one with the ability to help you right now!"

I rolled my eyes and slammed from my desk to look out of the window "I'm sorry!" I spat "I just can't believe this is even happening right now! Part of me wants to just hand it over to him to stop all of this"

"We're not doing that" she added "I get you want to save Camila but there is a way to do it without your entire life's work being poured down the drain. Your father is a calculated man sure, but he's no match for my team, this will end in our favour I can assure you"

"I trust you" I whispered genuinely "Do whatever you need to do, I'm open to anything right now"

"Good" Nikki hummed "I'm sure I'll need some things from you in the coming days so keep your phone on"