Chapter 40

"Security, surround the car, we're walking in ten seconds" a calm yet urgent voice pressed through a radio as Lauren and Fallon sat thigh to thigh in an expensive black car "I don't want to see a single break in the chain, these women are worth more than your retirement funds combined"

"On it boss" another nodded, tightening the ear peace now fixed securely into the side of his head "We're ready on go"

Cameras roared at the sight of the matte black door handle being held onto by a member of Lauren's staff. Nobody dared blink incase they missed a single second of their presence, the frequent public appearance a gift unusual for the time of year

"Five seconds" the urgent voice alarmed "Stay far enough away for the cameras to get their shots"

Everyone readied into position, the sweaty index fingers covering the snap button of their cameras now shaking with anticipation to get the perfect shot. A hand bent to pull open the side door of the black suv, revealing an ivory ankle and glossy black heel followed by Lauren's tall, toned body

Immediately flashes of white filled the space, Lauren's mono stare and immaculate makeup glittering like the night sky behind them, People gasped, as if not having seen her a million times before "Fuck, she's magnificent" a rouge member of the press chuckled "What a shot"

Lauren gave the press a few moments of her time while Fallon joined quickly behind, her slender legs and piercing blue eyes meeting the cameras for the double snap they were all so badly craving. The women alone were incredible, but together, they were power

"Let's move on" the urgent voice reminded "We need to keep it going" Lauren did as told, aware of how feral the red carpet snappers could be. Fallon too, wondering behind with a confident strut "Thank you ladies" 

"Thank god" Fallon grumbled as she heard the door slam behind her "I don't think the cameras will ever leave me feeling safe"

"You're being dramatic" smirked Lauren, handing her make believe bag off to an assistant now passing over her phone, a device she wasn't allowed to possess unless in private quarters "You live to show off those expensive diamonds around your wrist, you're welcome by the way"

Fallon cocked a brow "I said thank you four times, LJ. Would you like it in writing now too?"

"Drop the attitude, we have a long evening ahead of us" Lauren scoffed with a smile, following the venue runners towards the panel in front of the same stage Camila had auditioned on only a couple of months prior "It's that time of year again, let's hope we have a better intake than last year!"

"Impossible" Fallon chuckled "You got a girlfriend and a global superstar out of the last round"

Lauren playfully rolled her eyes and checked her watch, allowing a makeup artist to fix her glowing cheeks before the crowds of hopeful dancers entered the space in front "My global superstar wants to be a behind the scenes talent, there's room for another in the fame estate"

Fallon cocked her head with a nod "I still think Camila is making a mistake, she is an excellent face for your brand"

"I care about her feelings more than my brand Fallon" Lauren scoffed "It's her choice"

"So you're not even a little stung by her choice to step back?" Lauren sucked in a deep breath and took a side glance into Fallon's tempting blue eyes "Come on, ratings have never been so high?"

The elder flexed her fingers and straightened her spine "There's a few days before we sign her release contract from the press, I'll talk to her"

"Wise choice" Fallon hummed confidently, her cocky smile forcing Lauren to roll her eyes once again as Normani and Dinah joined either side of the desk to ready the panel "Maybe watching the auditions will remind her of exactly what she worked so hard for in the first place"