Chapter 33

Camila

"Camila, let me explain!" Lauren gasped as I entered the room with an evident sense of fear. My chest barely moved as I struggled for a breath, the look on Lena's face far too calm for my liking "Lena wasn't telling me anything-

"You're talking about me to my boss?" I asked with a tremble in my throat "H-How long has this been happening?"

Lena tried to walk towards me but I stepped back with a furrowed brow "My love, it's not what it looks like!" She began, my chest now finding its feet with a heavy pant "I did not come here to share your life with Lauren!"

"Then why are you here?" I hissed, ignoring the way my palms filled with sweat. I refused to talk to Lauren, admittedly my focus was on Lena who only a little while ago was talking to me about our relationship "Why were you talking about me? We just spoke about this stuff and already it's being sent back to her like you're a fucking mail man?"

Lauren rounded the desk and tried also to walk towards me, it seemed I was playing a game of hide and seek as I once again shifted to the side to warn the pair away "Camila, it was a talk with Lauren only!" Lena defended poorly "I asked her the same thing I asked you"

"Why!" I spat, my confused mind making me feel more than emotional "I don't understand! Is this some kind of arrangement? Did you not trust me to be in my own relationship or something?"

"It's not like that Camila!" Lauren interjected, flailing her arms with a look I'd never quite seen before on her face. It looked like an unbearable guilt, fear and sadness combined perfectly "I have no desire to seek information from her!"

"Then what the fuck were you guys talking about?" I slammed, pacing forwards with my arms uncrossing beside my thighs "My girlfriend and my social worker? Do you not understand how weird this looks?"

"She's my aunt!" Lauren retaliated, her bright green eyes begging for me to understand "I get this looks weird Camila, but it's weird for me too!"

"Your aunt?" My mind if not already confused, was now simmering in a pot of boiling oil "You knew about me?"

Lauren glanced across at Lena for some help but for the first time ever, she was quiet "Not until you started the academy-

"You told her about me?" I now directed at Lena, the red in her cheeks now igniting like a flame freshly tormented "What, you had to coach her on how to be with me?"

"It wasn't like that!" Hissed Lauren

"No?" I laughed "Fucking sounded like it just now? Really Lauren?" She looked on at me as if a scolded child in distress, I'd never seen her so submissive and caught "I can't believe this!"

Lauren stepped forwards "Camila please-

"No!" My chest began to ache, the turmoil in my stomach taking me back to a place I never imagined I'd be again as I walked around the room for a little space "I can't believe this?"

"It was the same for Lauren" Lena decided to bravely speak "Her aunt divulging to her girlfriend?"

"You don't fucking do that!" I hissed passionately, turning around to point at her as if a convict "You're supposed to know that over both of us! What, you're happy to breach trust like that?"

"I never speak on behalf of you Camila!" She argued "I have never spoken words of confidentiality! I know and love you both, I know when a push of knowledge is needed and when it is not!"

I shook my head and raised my palms towards my forehead "You were the last person I trusted!" My lip began to quiver as I spoke, the door opening behind me almost unnoticed until the smell of Fallon's perfume washed over my shoulder "I gave you my heart when I didn't want to! I told you things I battled to keep inside and here you fucking are! Chinese whispers like a kid!"