Chapter 24

Camila

I couldn't quite believe Lauren was my girlfriend now, I'd never been in a relationship before, I'd never even been in a romantic situation. It didn't make sense, I guess I was just insecure, but Lauren? She wanted to commit to being with me? She wanted to label us as something more than a hobby and it felt incredible

When arriving at her house she kicked off her heels and unhooked the shoulder straps of her gown, revealing a pair of tiny black shorts and a bra free chest. I wanted to stare, drink up the sight as she pulled a sports bra from her bag but I decided instead to look into the counter with a small smirk

"What are you smiling at?" she giggled, using her fingertips to comb the middle parted hair into a messy side part I couldn't help but notice with blushing cheeks

I shrugged "I don't know?" My smirk grew as she approached me with a small strut, her fingertips lifting to stroke my cheek "I just can't get over this side of you"

"This side of me?" Her head tilted to the side with a knowing smile "Meaning?"

I sucked my lower lip into my mouth and sighed gently "I've said it so many times, you really can't remember?"

"Maybe I can" she laughed, pushing back a few strands of my hair "I just like to know what you think of me when you're stood there smiling like an idiot, problem?"

I shook my head and lifted my palms to drape over her toned shoulders "No problem, I just love getting to watch you run that academy like the bad bitch you are, gowns and heels with perfect hair" I began with a smile "Then when you get back here, you just transform into this beautiful, rough edged girl?"

Lauren smirked her lips and nodded "You like that I'm not just a robot then"

"Exactly" I smiled, stroking the back of her soft neck with my fingertips "It's this version of you that I find the most interesting, not that perfect woman back at the office" I began "It's this! The relaxed Lauren that smiles and laughs? I love it?"

She glanced down at the her floor before lifting her eyes back up into my gaze, the stare genuine and longing just like my own "I agree, I like this version of me better too" she hummed gently "The same with you too, you're so angry at the academy, it's like you're always watching your back?"

"That's because I am" I laughed, pulling away from her grip with an awkward sigh "Nobody likes me at the academy, I haven't spoken to Sam in weeks and Zach has almost disappeared from the face of the earth"

I noticed the way her eyes changed, they turned from longing to direct in seconds "That's not your fault Camila" she interjected "It's their loss, you're an amazing friend?"

"I have a reputation thought right?" I laughed sarcastically "Didn't take me long to turn everyone against me with the whole fighting thing did it!"

Lauren walked towards me and grabbed for my arm "You're not exactly the poster child for happy families Camila?" She began sternly "I can't really lie and tell you it doesn't help your situation, but I was exactly the same a few years ago. It takes practice to channel those tendencies"

"You wasn't as bad as I am" I deflected, dipping my head into the floor "You still had friends and I'm sure you couldn't have acted out like I do"

She laughed and folded her arms "No?" She began with sarcasm "I got into fights daily, any bitch that stepped a toe into my path had their shit rocked!" Her tone was dark "I'm not proud of it? I hate how cold I used to be, how mean I used to be! I'm still working on it but don't think you're the only one with a temper Camila"

I allowed myself a small smile "I can't imagine you actually throwing hands" I replied "I get the mouth but not the violence"

"Believe it" she chuckled "I was an absolute asshole! Back to the point anyway, you're an incredible person Camila, you're funny and sweet, your mind is beautiful and I think that if you really tried to let that out? People might start to feel drawn to you" I shook my head but she grabbed it back "I'm serious!" She pushed firmly, nodding her head with a smile "I'm not going to sugar coat it, if you want people to like you? Let them!"