Book 2 Chapter 1

Lauren

Daniel had to go. Reputation or not, I would expose him for all of his crude crimes and bring justice to not only Camila, but every girl he'd so far taken advantage of. It infuriated me that Emma hadn't told me, right now it seemed nobody around me could be considered even remotely loyal

My mother always told me to embrace the chaos, it was good for the soul and kept the mind sharp. Unfortunately I failed to see the benefit, Camila was falling apart and I was starting to question Emma's friendship

"The baby goose is sleeping" spoke Fallon, wondering into my office with a sigh "What a day huh!"

"Honestly, I'm struggling to keep up!" I slid my hand to grab for my shot glass "First up on the bucket list is to eradicate Daniel though!"

Fallon laughed, making herself at home with a large stretch "Murder charges wouldn't do much for your name girl, besides, you'd look terrible in a mug shot!"

"I'm not out to kill him, Fallon!" I barked, washing the taste of hate down with another shot of vodka "Just disable his career and reputation, that's all!"

"You're boring! I could do it?" She wiggled her brows confidently "I have what they call a licence to kill!"

I rolled my eyes "You have a learner's permit at best! Sit down and shut your mouth for a second!"

Fallon huffed as she fell into the chair in front of my desk, her sense of humour in no way easing my anxiety "I need you to do some digging for me, find out who took that diary!"

She rolled her eyes and groaned sarcastically, flailing her arms as if being asked to cut them off entirely "Will you drop this already?" Her tone droned "So what they know? Big deal! Clearly you needed to vent and everyone knows you're past that part of your life now LJ?"

I furrowed my brows with a confused stare "Who is they, Fallon!" Immediately her spine straightened and the child like tantrum had stopped "You said they!"

"I- you know" I despised the way she stirred to create an answer "Emma, they, you?" She couldn't even look at me now, her eyes avoiding my bubbling anger "What I said, it's done now!"

"Camila?"

"No!"

"Fallon!"

"Ok, fine!" She bleated, lifting her palms towards her eye sockets "I swear, I thought you knew!" Verbal vomiting was part of the reason I kept the woman around, if I wanted to know something, it was only a matter of time before she'd spill

"What the fuck!" I grunted in a panic "No, No! Fallon this is bad! Bad bad, Camila read the diary?"

"Relax!" She argued "She's more so out for Emma than you! Besides, whoever the culprit is, they put it on Camila's pillow!"

The torment whirled inside of me simply knowing that Camila knew of my past infatuation. I was using every inch of my energy to gain her trust and now felt wildly disadvantaged by the words of my past

"How does that make this any better you imbecile!" I hissed, standing from my desk to now grab for the bottle of vodka against my glossy lips "Who would do that!"

Fallon laughed "Someone who severely dislikes either you or twinkle toes?"

I struck my gaze down onto her far too relaxed position "For once in your life, could you at least try and be helpful?"

"Fine!" Fallon twisted the tips of her hair around her fingers, fluttering her lashes with a look so dull I couldn't bare to stare back "I will do some investigating, but just know LJ, you may never find the culprit!"