Chapter 35

"Seems to be going pretty well" spoke Nikki as she joined Lauren beside the VIP bar "I'm proud of you"

Lauren smirked awkwardly, staring out across the venue filled with people now enjoying themselves thanks to her infinite tab "Proud of me? What, did I graduate kindergarten or something?"

Nikki rolled her eyes and laughed "Hilarious LJ! But no, I'm proud of you for that speech, it was incredible" the woman began genuinely "I could feel Camila warming by the second, honestly, I don't know how you managed to avoid anymore conflict?"

Lauren cocked a brow and winked "Told you, I'm good with words" she chuckled "Besides, I didn't plan any of it, just spoke from the heart and made sure to be honest"

Nikki lifted her drink to cheers with Lauren, the newly formed bond one she was starting to appreciate more than her wage "You did a great job, I'm sure Camila agrees"

"We talked it out" Lauren swallowed, darting her eyes across the room to a booth she'd been guarding from a distance since they arrived, inside sat Nova and Camila with a few dancers from their class "I could tell she wasn't back to her usual self though, I mean we kissed but she still had a hesitancy"

"What do you expect LJ" Nikki asked with a sigh, placing her glass beside her elbow before looking out in the same direction as her boss, the joint stare down unnoticed by the younger enjoying her night "It's a lot of information to take in, obviously she'll hold a grudge"

"Speaking of" Lauren grunted with spite, rolling her eyes into the new body now working its way across the floor "Can't believe I had to invite that waste of space!"

"Easy tiger!" Nikki calmed, resting her palm over the woman's shoulder "We discussed keeping this night a positive one! I have no desire to plan a coverup story for your little revenge session"

"I won't stay silent for much longer Nikki" Lauren hissed "I've spent days now holding my tongue, the last thing I want is a coverup, but soon, you may have to put that raise to the test"

Nikki sighed "This won't end very well for either of you if anything out of the ordinary happens Lauren, I'd love to get my own back but this isn't the time nor place"

Lauren sipped the remainder of her drink and struck eyes over the criminal body "I can be discreet, fuck it, I'll get Fallon to do it!"

"Do what!" Nikki challenged with folded arms and a serious stare "Start a fight? Give ammunition to ruin your reputation over a snitch that wasn't even successful?"

Lauren rolled her eyes and slammed her glass down into the bar "You don't get it!"

"Oh I get it Lauren!" The woman hissed "You're angry and I get that, but this isn't the way to solve anything! I've told you how to go about this but I'm getting kind of scared you're having second thoughts!"

"I almost lost my company Nicola! My academy! Sorry for wanting to project my anger onto the person who put my entire fucking life at risk of failure" Lauren growled passionately, closing in on Nikki in order not to be heard by any snooping ears "I pay you to cover shit up! To make things look better, now is no different"

Nikki laughed sarcastically "Oh LJ, you don't pay me to cover up your bad behaviour, you pay me to make you look good! If you wanna fuck around and ignore my advise, that's on you!"

Lauren rolled her eyes and stormed across the venue towards Camila with a huff, leaving Nikki alone at the bar soon to be joined by a curious looking Fallon "Is the beast in need of a nap or something? What did you do to her?"

Nikki lifted her hands into her pockets with an anxious sigh as she watched the woman now engage with her girlfriend across the room "I'm worried she's going to cause a scene" admit Nikki with stressed eyes "I was sure to have gotten through to her about acting on her urges with our little snitch, now, I'm not so confident"