#109 - Highschool lovers

Luke: A bolt of lightning struck through the midnight sky, the ecstatic sound sending ripples down Luke's spine as he sat with his crop of friends, phone secure in one hand as the sound of rain began to beat down on the glass windows. Although the weather was at it's worst for a while, your school was adamant that students should come in throughout the night in order to finish work and projects, as the end of the working school year drew closer and closer by the second. With the entire school pitch black, each strike of lightning provided a dim light for a split second, before desceding into pure darkness, only adding to the bundle of nerves students already carried at 1am. Situated in the library, Luke was enjoying texting you whilst you made your way over, the eery sounds of partially open lockers causing your walking pace to forward into a small jog. 'Loverboy.' He looked up with a confused expression: an eyebrow raised as Ashton snapped his fingers, seemingly wanting to bring him back to reality. He was oblivious to the discussion about Genetic Engineering; the biology textbook that lay on his lap now thrown to the side as Luke let out an exasperated groan. Knowing how far you lived, his primary thoughts were predominantely about your safety, his palms damp with sweat from his anxious thoughts his mind were conjuring. I'll be back in a minute.' His voice carried a nervous tone as he removed himself from the comfort of pillows to a cold chill, the surrounding friends giving him smug grins. Within a minute, he was out of the library that one could get lost it. It was a favourite place for you, as you would always get lost in the vast amount of books that carried hundreds of different volumes. Luke would be the one to distract you: kissing you randomly and placing the book of interest back onto the shelf, keeping him as the main attention. Luke caught the attention of many teachers as he took a stroll along the corridoors, mobile phone glued to his ears as he waited for you to pick up. However, a few minutes later, his waist felt the touch of a warm hand. 'Ah!' A childish scream left his lips, body turning instantly to face yours, which was now doubled over in laughter. Luke, however, wasn't bothered. The sight of your presence relaxed his body, pulling you in for a kiss he desperately waited for all day. 'Although kissing is something you may enjoy, it's not going to help you pass your exams.' The heat rose instantly throughout your face as you both came face-to-face with a teacher, raising an eyebrow before he continued down the corridor.

Ashton: 'Y/N.' For a moment the voice of your Drama teacher was foreign to you; catching you off guard as you felt the burn of people's eyes in your direction. Usually, Drama was a subject you lived for, and performed well in with genuine interest. Lately, however, your feelings of lacklustre made the lesson you loved, now boring. Watching performances made you unmotivated, the annoyances of other students more prominent. For the past few weeks, Drama consisted of theory and note-taking. 'No wonder you disliked it now', you bluntly told yourself as the clean sheet of paper gradually became covered in scribbles and doodles. The sight of your notepad reminded you of the confusing feelings about what was supposed to be your favourite subject, the several doodles showing their ambiguous connotations. 'Yes?' Your teacher spoke with a tone that was happier than usual, distanced away from the usual monotone sound that made anyone anxious. 'You're performing with Ashton today.' Your head took an immediate turn, his presence on the other side of the studio as he mirrored the expression on your face. The relationship you had with Ashton was confusing; the pair of you were either at each other's throats, or surprisingly close to the other's face, lips swiftly brushing over lips. It left you baffled at times, but the ambiguity of it all brought the excitement. He may have been several metres away from you, but you could see the hazel tones of his eyes darken slightly from excitement and curiosity. But before your mind could drift off into it's own depths, a script was handed to you. The title read 'Romeo and Juliet.' The first page brought a rush of excitement:You were Juliet,he was Romeo. Ashton's dimples were now prominent, blowing you an air kiss to which you gladly accepted with rosy cheeks.

Calum: The different key words of terminology continued to spin around your mind in a circle; remembering them one minute, then forgetting the next. Your eyebrows knitted together in concentration as you focused on the flashcards that you tightly held onto, now crumpled slightly from the force you applied, primarily due to the frustration that tomorrow's test was bringing to you. 'You either pass, or fail.' The monotone words of your English teacher made you cringe, a small shiver swiftly making its way down your back from the thought of resitting. High expectations were the usual for you, therefore stressed moments started to become a regular occurrence. 'I don't understand why you're so nervous.' All you could do at that moment was shoot a glare at Calum, showing him that small compliments were getting him nowhere. Despite having the image of a typical 'jock', Calum had intelligence that was yet to be discovered by everyone. Ever since you saw several annotated scripts lay at the pit of his bulky backpack, you practically begged him to tutor you. The majority of the time; tutoring sessions turned to make out sessions. One compliment from Calum turned into many more, accompanying them with small pecks that led to several heated moments. 'I'm being serious.' An exasperated sigh left the chapped skin of your lips in a large huff, your body instinctively drifting back into Calum's embrace as you lay in-between his legs. The soothing beat of his heart calmed your stress, your finger slowly tracing the outline of a small tattoo on his wrist as he lovingly stroked your hair. 'Look up at me.' With your heart beat pounding at a rapid pace in stark contrast to his, you turned your body to face him. A hand gently laying on his torso, his mesmerising eyes watched your nervous figure as he continued to speak. 'Stop stressing out. I know in my heart you'll do more than exceptional. If you were me, and constantly listened to yourself, it would be absurd to think that you would fail. I love you.' Small tears of relief begun to form in your eyes, a hard swallow of your throat keeping them down as you moved your body upwards in order to kiss him. Kissing him always felt like the first; lips moulding together in sync as the stressed left your system, the moment inevitably turning heated.

Michael: You were the epitome of speechless at this very moment, as never did you ever think that you would be catching the attention of someone everyone said to be careful around. Michael Clifford. Also known as the 'bad boy' of the school. You could feel his green eyes burn into you, watching you from afar as you continued to walk towards a building entrance. His body lay comfortably against the rough brick wall, a leg propped up in order to keep his balance. A cigarette in one hand; he took a long drag, letting the concoction of chemicals intoxicate his mind, slowly breathing out rings in a partially seductive manner. The heat of the sun was beginning to beat down onto your back, your hairline now starting to line with beads of sweat as the pace of your feet continued to increase, wanting to avoid Michael at all costs. A smug grin appeared on his face, the plump, pink flesh of his lips contrasting against his alabaster skin. Glistening from several licks, he bit down on his bottom lip, head cocked to the side as you started to near the dingy corner in which he was situated. There were several stories to accompany Michael's unknown character: from sleeping with different girls, to fights with several people. He was trouble, in just about everyone's eyes. You, however, didn't know anything. It was until his looks towards you started to become more apparent, that it felt like the missing pieces of a puzzle were starting to come together. From a murky wave, to crystal clear waters. 'Y/N.' Michael's voice carried a raspy tone, and whether that be from his cigarette, or how he always spoke, you couldn't deny that it was utterly sexy. But your thoughts were put to the side from an important question: 'How does he know my name?'Your cheeks were now starting to flush, an action your body always did on instinct from a situation that has such ambiguity, as right now. It may not be a fight or flee situation, but fleeing was the last thing you thought of. There was a quality, that boys such as Michael had, that drew you in. And now standing in front of him, it was becoming more apparent that a small wall you built, was now beginning to crumble. The appearance that was shown on the outside, did not reflect from the appealing look of his jade green eyes. 'Yes?' His hand reached out for yours slowly, the gentle skin of his palm patiently waiting as he waited for a response. Within a minute, your bodies were close, his hot breath gently blowing onto your skin. 'I'm Michael. Nice to meet you.'