#82 - He's Your Brother and Another Guy Likes You

Calum:

"Cal? Where did you put the remote for my TV?" I say walking into the living room, looking for my younger brother, I had been sick for awhile and looked sort of messy, large sweats, messy bun, no make-up and a spaghetti strap tank top on. "You know I hate when you watch TV in my room with you asking, and I can never seem to find the re-" I stop walking, dead in my tracks as I see the 4 boys staring at me. "Y/N we're in the middle of practice!" Calum says, trying to shoo me out of the room. Michael, Luke, and Ashton all knew me, but they never saw this, my true form... the messy, bossy older sister who could probably use a shower.

I quickly run up the stairs and back into my room, shutting the door loudly before burying my face in the pillow of my bed. God dammit Cal, why didn't you tell me you were going to have practice here. Suddenly having another sneezing fit from the aggravation, I sigh and blow my nose, rubbing until it is red. Oh God, I can't imagine what I look like right now. 'Y/N The Red-Nosed Reindeer.' minus the cool antlers, cause lets face it, having antlers would be awesome. I sigh giving up on my quest for the remote control and cuddle up in my blankets once more.

There is a slight knock on my door before it opens and in walks Ashton, holding the remote in his hand, and some tea in the other. "Hey, Y/N. Calum told me you were sick." He smiles handing me the remote and mug while sitting on the corner of my bed. "Yeah, a little obvious huh? I bet I look horrible." I say blushing, Ashton was in my year at school and we were good friends, he was a little flirty and really nice, but I liked it. "Just a little." he laughs before touching my hand to tell me he's joking. It is obvious he's had a crush on me. "I hope you feel better, Y/N." he says, kissing my forehead before getting up.

"Ash you can flirt with my sister later, we need you to figure out the drum solo now." Calum says peering through the doorway. "Shut up Calum." I roll my eyes and hide my blushing face. Calum laughs and takes Ash downstairs, saying things like 'Okay, ground rules: She is my sister, I want to hear nothing about what you do with her. You respect her. Also, her time of the month is in 2 weeks so watch out, also buy her lots of chocolate during that time, as for yourself, some soundproof headphones. God knows they work for me."

Ashton:

"Ashton! I need a hug." I say opening my arms to my brother. "Y/N, you're 18 stop acting like a weird child." he says, smashing buttons while playing video games with Michael. I had been watching for a while but I got bored and suddenly felt the urge to be hugged, but apparently that wasn't going to happen. "Well someone is grumpy." I pout and put my arms down, crossing them over my chest. "Well that's because someone is losing 29 to 14 on Call of Duty." Michael laughs. "Shut up Michael." Ashton grumbles, smashing more buttons, he truly was terrible at video games.

The couch dips next to me as Luke sits down, a plate of nachos in his hands. Luke Hemmings, does he ever stop eating? I stare up at him for a while just watching him eat before he notices and stares back. "Wha?" he asks, his mouth still full of nachos. I smile a bit, what a loser. Loser, yes. Cute, also yes. "Nothing." he finishes eating and puts the plate on the table in front of him before stretching his arm back around me and laying back, and watching them play.

"Luke will you cuddle me?" I ask, shyly wrapping an arm around him. He blushes and wraps his other arm around me so that we are in an awkward couch sitting hug type thing. "Uh okay." he smiles, moving his lip ring with his tongue.

"No you won't Luke. No cuddling my sister." Ashton says, pausing the game and swatting Luke's hands off of me before handing him the controller and hugging me instead. Luke moves away and starts playing with Michael, rolling his eyes at Ashton. "Like you said Ashton, I'm not a weird child anymore, I can cuddle whoever I like." Ashton wraps his arms around me protectively and sighs. "Well you're still my baby sister so that means, no boys. Also, you wanted to cuddle me first."

Michael:

Michael had always been really protective of you, and when your mom suggested that you go on tour with him and 5SOS, he thought it was a horrible idea. It wasn't that he didn't want you with him, just.. you and a bunch of rowdy and hormonal teenage boys on a bus for 3 months.. not a good idea. No matter how much he tried to get you to stay home, you had already had your mind set on going with him. "Michael nothing is going to happen! Everything will be okay, plus, I have my big brother to protect me. Sure, you may be a hair dying, video game playing, man-child... but you're MY hair dying, video game playing, man-child." you joke punching his shoulder. "Fine, Y/N. I'll let you come. But only because I know you will find some way to come anyways." he smiles pulling you into a bone crushing hug.

That was 3 weeks ago and you couldn't have been prepared for what happened in the weeks to come. You had known the boys as long as Michael had and you all got along really well, with some more than others. Ashton treated you like a baby sister, so did Luke , but Calum... that was something different.

"Hey Y/N, come look, it's a cat playing Jenga." Cal calls you, patting the couch next to him. It was just you and him on the bus right now, the other boys had gone to get Nandos with Niall while you were all in England together. Both you and Cal decided not to go, you had a strange relationship, sort of like best friends but it was clear you both wanted something more, you just weren't sure how Michael would react. Walking over to Calum you sat down and layed your head on his shoulder and looked down at his laptop, watching the little kitten surprisingly not fail at Jenga. You laugh and look up at him, both of you locking eyes before your faces slowly come together, his lips meeting yours in a quick his. You two pull away and he gauges your reaction before moving in again, this time more forcefully.

The bus door opens, but you two don't notice until you are forcefully pulled apart by someone a lot stronger than you, opening your eyes to see your brother Michael holding Calum by his shirt collar with a lot more strength than you knew he had. "CALUM WHAT THE HELL?! THAT'S MY LITTLE SISTER!" he yells, pushing Calum against a wall. Your eyes widen, never having seen this side of Michael before. "I can explain dude! Nothing happened, I just kissed her!" "Okay I got that, but my question is WHY? And THAT IS MY LITTLE SISTER!" Finding your strength, you run and put your hands between them trying to push your other off of Calum. "Michael don't! I like him it's okay! It was a mutual choice and we just kissed! Nothing bad happened!" You say to your brother, hugging him. "You like him? He likes you... Why.. what.. Well. I guess that's okay then, but if you ever hurt her, I will whoop you." Michael says walking away, back to Luke, Ashton, and Niall who were all watching.

Luke:

"Y/N Michael has a crush on you!" Your twin brother chimes, while being chased around the house by Michael. Luke had gotten his phone and started reading his messages between him and Ashton about you. This discovery really wasn't anything new, I mean... it was painfully obvious, but Luke found it all the more funny to make the poor red haired boy suffer. "Shut the fuck up Luke! Y/N he's lying!" they say, running endlessly around the couch before Luke finally leaps over it with his ballerina legs. Luke tosses you the phone, which you thank God for catching, because iPhones+ hardwood floors don't make the best of friends.

"Aww so you don't like me Clifford?" Michael sputters, out of breath from all the running and walks over to you, as you stuff the phone in your bra. "You can't prove anything, and you think I won't reach in there and get it?" He says, turning almost as red as his hair at the thought. "No you won't, cause I would kick your ass." Luke says, playfully tackling Michael to the ground. "Run to the bathroom, Lock the door and read them Y/N! Then we can both make fun of him Y/N!" Luke knew you had the biggest crush on Michael, and this was the best way for him to tell you you thought. You loved your brother and he knew how much you liked abnormal things, like a confession of love being thrust upon you through texts shown to you by your brother. You lock the door, and slide down on the floor in front of it, hearing someone struggle to get up the stairs, no doubt Luke making Michael drag him up. You unlock his phone and smile as you see the messages. She is so fucking beautiful / I just want to date her / why am I so fucking shy / ash help me ask her out / do you really think she'd go for someone like me? / I also think it would be awkward to date her cause she's Luke's twin / would making out with her be like making out with Luke? / Oh god why did I think of that ;-; /