EPILOGUE

"Jungkook, I can't believe you're here!"

I wrap my arms around his shoulders and he wraps his arms around my waist.

"It's been so long..." I say.

"It has been. But now we can finally be with each other." His brown eyes sparkled brighter than any other star I've seen.

We walk to Chung's Cafe, so we can catch up on each other's lives. He doesn't let go of my hand. Not even for a single second.

Mrs. Chung immediately recognizes Jungkook and gives him a comforting hug.

We order caramel lattes and some muffins and sit down at a table in the corner, by the window.

It's quiet for a few minutes, as I'm having it hard to breathe even just being around him. I've pictured him so many times near me for years, and being with him now seems so surreal.

"So... How's Bora?" Jungkook finally breaks the silence.

Bora, my best friend from high school. Something I can easily talk about.

"She's good. She's dating Ji Hee now."

Jungkook chokes on his latte. "Wait a minute. That girl who used to sit next to me in English class that slapped you and beat you up just because she was jealous of you. That Jisoo girl is dating your best friend?"

I nod. "Yeah. She isn't too bad now, actually."

Jungkook crosses his arms. "I refuse to believe it."

I shrug. "Well, you better. After you left school to go to rehab, Ji Hee realized she had her own issues that she needed to resolve. She felt embarrassed by the idea of taking a mental break from school, but seeing you do it, gave her the courage to go to rehab as well. She finally left two years ago and she's better now."

"I'm glad for her but how did she exactly start dating Bora?"

"Well, they definitely didn't get along in high school, especially since me and Ji Hee had a rivalry. But they met again and realized that all the tension that had in high school was really just sexual tension and they started dating. They've been going strong for years."

Jungkook raises his brow. "And you're okay with that?"

I shrug. "Ji Hee apologized for everything and explained she just threw all her anger onto me because of her family problems at home. She's actually really nice now. Bora asked for my permission and I can't be mad about something that makes her fulfilled."

Jungkook ruffles his brownish black locks. "I still don't believe it."

I pointed at the door. "Well, you better."

The front door of the cafe opened and we see Bora and Ji Hee enter in. Ji Hee has arm around Bora and Bora is grinning at her. Bora looks towards my direction and gasps seeing Jungkook. Ji Hee also looks towards us and seems a bit shocked, but smiles and waves. I wave back and Jungkook slowly does too.

Bora winks at me, happy to see Jungkook with me, but not coming in our direction. As Jungkook looks away for a second, Ji Hee mouths the words "We'll give you alone time," and laughs, kissing Bora on the cheek.

They go to a different table.

Jungkook shrugs. "Well, you've definitely convinced me now. I'm happy for them."

"I am too." I take a sip of my latte.

"What about Fred?" Jungkook asks. "I remember he had a crush on Ji Hee. It wasn't reciprocated?"

I shook my head. "Obviously not. Poor Fred, but he's planning on going to veterinary school. I'm sure he'll find someone soon enough but if he doesn't, that's okay, too."