Fake Happiness

"So, we're going clothing shopping..."
Jungkook nods. "Precisely."

      I frown. "Wearing your sweatpants is no big deal for me. I don't want to spend anymore of your money."

      "As flattering as that is, I do. Especially if I'm going to introduce you to my family and friends as someone serious," he says, puffing his chest out.

      I begin whining. "I don't mind picking out an outfit for Friday night, any other clothing to buy is unnecessary."

      "C'mon, y/n it'll be fun. And it really won't be a burden for me I swear-"

       "Because you can waste your money on foolish things meanwhile I can't." I finish the sentence for him.

       I instantly regret it because I spoke about the noticeable caste difference between me and him.

      Jungkook was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, meanwhile I was born with a bronze one. Not even bronze- I'd consider it a wooden spoon. My family was barely getting by, meanwhile thousands of dollars were like pennies to him.

Jungkook groans like he was disappointed with himself. "You know what? Forget it. It was a stupid, insensitive idea-"

"No, now that I think about it, I love it!" I instantly changed my mind.

I felt really bad about making Jungkook feel bad about himself. Going shopping with him for clothes was a great way for him to not think about his struggles. I wanted him to be joyful.

       "Are you sure? I feel like a jerk."
"No, listen. We can shop, but we're gonna do it my way." I instruct him.

"How so?" Jungkook wondered.
"I'm buying all of my clothes. You're not wasting a single won on me." I cross my arms.

Jungkook thinks for a second, then nods. "Okay, that sounds fair. How about we go to sleep now?"
He hands me a huge oversized t shirt and pajama pants and I change in the bathroom. I arrive at the bedroom and find Jungkook fixing the bedsheets.

"Huh? Are we sharing a bed again? Because now that I'm finally conscious I don't feel comfortable-"
"No, don't worry. I'm just making sure the bed is set up well. I'll be sleeping in the living room." Jungkook fluffs a pillow while saying so.

"I'd rather you sleep here and I'll take the couch," I decided.

        He narrows his eyes and groans.
"Does that even make sense, y/n? The person who's injured, sleeps in the less comfortable position?"

"No, but this is all your money," I explained.
"And you're the one who risked your life for me."

My face turns a crimson red and I smiled sheepishly.
"Oh, c'mon don't mention that. It really wasn't a big deal."

Jungkook smiles, his eyes and nose crinkling.
       "Well it was a big deal to me. Ever since you did, I'm starting to think about how precious life really is..."

My face piqued up in interest. "Really? I did that?" I point to myself.

Jungkook scratches his head.
"Yeah. Anyways, I'm going to be watching tv so you might hear some noise. But don't worry, the fan will block out most of the noise from the living room."
He uses a remote to turn on the fan and places the remote on my bedside table.