Door

I bow down to show my respect. "Major Jeon, I never thought I'd ever have the pleasure to meet you!"

    He grins. "Please call me, Yungho. It's a pleasure to meet you, too. What's your name?"

    Jungkook pulls my arm towards him. "Hey, don't you have to leave? Let me show you the door-"

    Mayor Jeon grabs Jungkook's shoulder. "Don't be so rude to our guest. I only want to know the girl's name."

    Jungkook forces a smile. "That's unnecessary. She's too busy to tell you-"

    "My name is Y/n," I politely respond. Jungkook smacks himself across his forehead.

    "Y/n...nice name," Mayor Jeon says, like he was testing my name out for the first time. It was tense for a few seconds until he speaks again.

     "Let me introduce you to Jungkook's fiancé." Mayor Jeon waves over to a brunette, tall lady in a blue dress. She's wearing a bunch of expensive jewelry and her makeup was beautifully applied.

Yup, this is definitely Jungkook's 28 year old fiancé from Spain. She looked way more mature than Jungkook.

I bow. "Congratulations on your engagement, Minseo. My name is Y/n."

She observes me strangely and finally says in a thick Spanish accent, "Hola. Estoy muy aburrida en mi fiesta de compromiso. Estoy aquí porque mi padre me prometió un viaje caro por todo el mundo."

Jungkook and Mayor Jeon look at each other puzzled, trying to decipher what she said. From my few years of watching Spanish telenovas, I'm able to translate what she says in my mind.

    I'm pretty sure she said 'Hello. I am very bored at my engagement party. I'm here because my father promised me he'd pay for an expensive trip all around the world.'

"Do you have any idea what she just told you?" Jungkook doesn't even try to hide his confusion.

"Yeah. She's enjoying the celebration," I nervously lied. It would be best to not translate what she said in front of Mayor Jeon. I don't want to cause any drama, especially in front of an influential politician.

Minseo frowns and goes to the snack table to eat some food.

A body guard walks up to Mayor Jeon and whispers something. Mayor Jeon bows towards us. "Sorry, I have to attend something. Enjoy the rest of the party." He walks away, fast besides his body-guard.

When I'm sure Mayor Jeon left, I whisper to Jungkook, "Why are you engaged to a woman that you can't even communicate with? She doesn't know Korean or English and you don't know Spanish! How can you guys even express your affections for each other?"

Jungkook shrugs, picking up a cocktail from a waiter. "Love grows eventually in all relationships. You wouldn't understand anyways."

I grab his shoulders. "No, I do understand. This is a political engagement that your family is forcing you to agree to. But can't you say no?"

Jungkook nervously shakes his head. "This is something that I have no choice and you have to accept it. And just listen to me for once. You need to get out of this building as soon as possible!"

I refused. "No, I will never leave you alone. I made that mistake once, and it was the worst thing I've ever done. I'm not gonna leave you alone ever again!"

He takes my hands off his shoulder. "Fine. Then I'll leave!"

"Jungkook, don't you dare walk away from me," I point at him, scolding him like a distressed mother.