Anonymous

"How did you find us?" Jungkook asks.

"Someone gave me an anonymous tip from an unknown number." Mayor Jeon smiles, deviously.

Who the hell called in? I told Bora we were going to the airport... Was it her?

"Did you really think you'd be able to flee to another country when you literally ruined one of the most important transactions?" Mayor Jeon raises his voice.

"Human trafficking is not an important transaction. It's disgusting."

"I heard about your duel with Chao. I must say it's very impressive you have the capability of murder."

"I'm not a killer." Jungkook clenches his teeth.

"You've done something that Namjoon could never have done. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you're the superior son."

"A coward uses a gun to kill... A real man uses his hands," Mayor Jeon snickers.

This is all my fault... If I never intervened in his life, then Mayor Jeon wouldn't be threatening us. Is Jungkook really going to die either way, no matter what I do?

"Now you will listen to everything I tell you to do," Mayor Jeon says.

"Or what?"

"You try to escape or defy my orders and I will kill everyone that's important to you, starting with this nuisance of a girl right here." Mayor Jeon gestures to me.

"Please sir, she did nothing wrong-"

"She ruined a multi-million contract. Now Yang wants nothing to do with us." He clucks his tongue in disappointment. "If only you obeyed..."

"I'll obey now, sir," Jungkook weakly says.

"Good." Mayor Jeon points at me for the security guards. "Now take her away."

"Where are you taking her? Don't hurt her!"

"I won't hurt her... for now."

Jungkook finally doesn't say anything. He knows we're trapped.

***

Someone puts a needle in my arm and I instantly fall into unconsciousness. I find myself on a hard, cold floor and darkness pools around me. I slowly get up.

I open my eyes and there's bars in front of me and behind them is Mayor Jeon.

"Oh, you're finally awake!" He claps.

"It is so tempting to kill you, but we need you as leverage to make Jungkook do whatever I want. So hostage will fit... for now."

He leaves me in the small cell, with barely any light and just the clothes on my back.

***

I await in the cell for hours. I had no phone or watch so I had no idea how much time has passed by.

Will I be trapped in this jail during Jungkook's final moments?

Someone taps on the bars.

"Not hungry," I call out. Guards have been pestering me to eat and I'm worried there's gonna be sedation drugs tampered into the food.

"Y/n!" Someone whisper-yells.

Standing outside of my cell is Yoongi and Hoseok.

"What are you guys doing here?" I gasp.

"We're here to help you escape." Yoongi says. "We knew Mayor Jeon was crazy, but not enough to lock you up here!" He unlocks the cell with keys.

"Here." Hoseok drops a gigantic bag to the floor and unzips it. "Hop in!"