Gaze

Jungkook's eyes met with mine and my heartbeat sped up.

Those eyes... they mystified me.

They sparkled magically like they contained the universe's secrets in them.

But those eyes had also seen lifetimes of horrors.

I wish I could take some of his pain away... but would I even be able to handle a portion of what he felt?

Someone tapped my shoulder and I whipped my head around.

"Taehyung!"

Taehyung had a very tense smile plastered to his face.

He looked like a scared clown.

"Y/n, I'd like you to meet someone... Well you already have met them, but they'd like to see you again..."

"Huh, Taehyung? You sound very fake. What's going on?"

"Please just go with it," he whispered.

"Huh?"

"For the safety of everyone at this party... Please just go with it," he trembles.

"But, I just saw Jungkook!" I point to where I saw him... but he was no longer there.

"Ugh, now I have to find Jungkook again."

I begin to walk away, but Taehyung grabs my arm. I try to pull from him, but Taehyung's strong grip keeps me in place.

"Dude?" I raise my brow.

Taehyung shakes his head. "We'll find Jungkook, but please just come with me, okay? Just for a few minutes?" He begs.

I frown. "Okay."

He interlocks arms with me which was too close for comfort, but I don't say anything. He leads me away to a password-secured elevator and we finally arrive at the designated floor.

I step out and realize we're on the balcony, overlooking the entire party scene.

"Wow..." We were way above all the other guests, and they looked so tiny. I felt so mighty being above everything... No wonder why the top floor suites in hotels are the most expensive.

"Makes you feel like royalty, huh?" A familiar voice chuckled behind me.

No, it couldn't be...

I turn around and it's Satan.

He smirks. "King's thrones are usually placed way above everyone else... Don't you feel like a King, here? Or Queen, if that's what you prefer." He mockingly bowed.

I rolled my eyes. "What are you even doing here?"

Satan wholeheartedly laughed. "It's my party, foolish human."

My cheeks turned red upon embarrassment. Duh.

"What I mean is- Don't you have guests to attend to?"

Satan nods. "I do. But I'm waiting for someone."

The elevator dings open and I can't believe my eyes.

It's Jungkook!

It looked like he was about to say something, but he stops himself.

I'm about to say something, but I stop myself as well.

Namjoon's words haunt my mind.

"She can never speak to you again after tonight, or she gets killed."

God, why does everything have to be so difficult and complicated!

Next to Jungkook, is his father, Mayor Jeon.