Chapter 1.

Staring at my ceiling wall, while I lay on top of my perfectly made bed, knowing full well what today was, I just couldn't get myself to get through today but I knew I had to because my parents were counting on me to become a doctor, a dream they had when they emigrated here over 30 years ago.

"Alaaaayaaa" my mum shouted from downstairs, "you are going to be late for your induction day at University, you know how important today is".

They left their little Pakistani hamlet to come to the United Kingdom so that my brothers and I could have better opportunities. Don't get me wrong, my folks adore Pakistan, and the few times I've been there, we had a wonderful time but I never considered Pakistan to be my home.

And now, at the age of eighteen, I'm about to begin my first day of university. My parents have often pushed me to achieve as well as to reach my full potential. Despite the fact that I knew they meant well, that little voice in the back of my head knew precisely what I wanted to do.

My parents' desire was for me to become a doctor. I've always longed to be an illustrator, someone who produces drawings for books. I adored arts and excelled at it. Nevertheless, embracing my dreams was not easy for me. My parents, I suppose, know what's best for me.

Hi Lovelies,
Hope you enjoyed chapter 1. I know it's not very exciting but I promise it will be in the next few ones, just you wait. I'm not much of a writer so am going with the flow. If anyone has any tips for me feel free to comment and don't forget to vote.- S