Chapter 19

Alex and Alaya took a stroll across the college field in search of a nice area to enjoy their warm drinks and pastries. Alayas heart was racing. She felt both nervous and shy around Alex. Alaya had never felt like this before and couldn't put it down to anything she'd experienced. She refused to recognise the obvious fact that she was developing feelings for Alex. He made her feel important. This had been shown in the past few days. 

They discovered a lovely area beneath a shady tree with blooming white flowers. "Alex, what do you think about this spot?" Alaya pointed as she waited for Alex to respond.

''If you like it Alaya, then I like it'' he responded. The stuttering butterflies in Alaya's stomach began to emerge. She was aware of the effect he was having on her. She knew these thoughts were bad because she had always been taught to concentrate on her studies. She never was interested in any body of the opposite sex up until now as she dedicated her time to her studies. But that wasn't going to stop these feelings and this troubled her.

Alaya had crossed her legs while Alex's legs were spread apart as they sat down. Alex couldn't help but look at Alaya as he sat on the grass. As if he wasn't already gushing enough, he felt his heart swoon with each private glimpse he got. He was smitten, and he didn't want to hide it anymore. Alaya spotted him glancing at her. This made her self-conscious, and she wondered if she had dressed nicely or if her makeup was decent. Alaya was unsure of what to do and, in her nervousness, tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. 

 Today was no exception. Alaya was dressed in a forest green midi dress with little books printed all over it along with a black belt in the middle. Her hair was in a ponytail with a forest green hair band, and she completed the look with black ankle boots. He admired her sense of style and the fact that she didn't go out of her way to look presentable. Alaya's chocolate brown eyes popped today, thanks to a reapplication of mascara and the addition of black eyeliner to the upper lid. She was delighted that, despite her preference for minimal make-up, she had applied more mascara unintentionally today.

As Alaya sipped her warm drink she felt compelled to interrupt the calm. "I can't believe he liked my artwork'' . Her grin was captivating. ''Apart from you, and the professor today, I've never shown them to anyone."

"Why thank you for giving me the honour of being your first.'' Alex said while he continued to stare at her. ''Why are you surprised, Alaya? You have so much talent. Why don't you see how great you are?", he remarked as he nibbled into the pastry and sipped his warm drink. He was enjoying it because his look when he tasted it was one of satisfaction.

"Thank you, Alex," she murmured, her voice melancholy. "I still can't believe I'll be in class with you next week. It's strange, but I still feel bad about what I'm doing behind my parents' backs"

''They will understand. After all you are their daughter and your mums the sweetest''  Alex said to reassure her which was greeted by a smile.

A strand of hair that had irritated Alaya had reappeared. Alex didn't know what came over him in that moment, but he leaned up close to Alaya and stared into her chocolate brown eyes. Alex wasn't sure where he got his confidence, but all he knew was that he wanted to tuck the strand behind Alaya's ear, which he did with care. He hadn't noticed that his other hand was caressing one side of her cheek while he did this. 

In that moment, he truly wanted to kiss her and fantasized about how magical it would be. Despite the fact that Alaya would never admit it, she relished the proximity. Like a magnet, something about Alex drew her towards him. She could feel little sparks coursing through her veins.  Those tiny flutters in her stomach had grown into full-fledged butterflies. Alaya's face was only a fraction of an inch away from Alex's. She could feel the warmth of his breath on her face. Her breathing was becoming  more rapid. She drew her eyes closed and slightly elevated her head, anticipating his next move. Alex could smell the scents of vanilla and coconut on her plump, luscious lips, that she wore in a sheer lip gloss. 

This was it; they'd both been waiting for it.

Hey Lovelies, Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment- S