Chapter 10

Alex POV:

I can't believe she agreed to take part in the mini tour. I still needed to finish one more tour with another group. Oh well, since this is technically a tour, it's not like I'm not following through on my promises. I suppose I'll have to cope with the consequences. Something tells me she is worth the punishment.

As we walked along, I put my foot right in it by stating that the tedious subjects were taught at the east building on campus. I had no means of knowing she was a medical student. I'm trying to make amends and only making matters worse.

I could be mistaken, but I got the impression she didn't want to study medicine when I asked her what she was studying. When she spoke about it, her voice lacked emotion. All I could think was that she was both beautiful and intelligent.

"So you're smart?" I enquired of her.

"I wouldn't go that far," she responded, her voice cracking with a tiny giggle. That giggle, though. The little voice inside of me telling me to stay focused.

I wanted to show her around the west building first, because that's where I study and spend the majority of my time on campus. It was also far more impressive than the east building. As I noticed my art professor by the entrance, I motioned Alaya to enter first. "Oh shit," I murmured quietly. 

Professor Green was a stocky, short man who favoured tweed coats. He was nearing retirement. He sported a moustache with pride despite being bald. He always kept a small comb with him and would comb it while he was pondering.

''Well if it isn't the nonchalant Mr. Alex Scott'', said Professor Green.

''Professor Green, good morning...'', I said.

"Enough with the formalities Mr. Scott, when are you going to submit your work of art? I've already granted you an extension, and I don't think I'll give you another because I've already been reasonable," he continued.

"Professor Green, it will be with you soon; I guarantee it will be worth the wait, but I must depart since I am now on a tour, you remember the one you volunteered me for."

''Well I don't see any attendees'' he replied.

"Professor, they didn't show up for the last session except for Alaya," I said, turning around, but Alaya was nowhere to be seen. As I hurried out to find Alaya, I exclaimed, "I have to leave now, Professor, I've misplaced my tour companion, goodbye."

Where did she go? I figured she headed to the arts department because it was the closest. When I found her, she was admiring my painting, and I couldn't help but smile. My heart swooned as she stroked her fingertips over the painting, absorbing it all in. "Hey, there you are, so you want to start in the art department?" I remarked as I awoke from my trance.

 "Yes, let's start here." she replied.

"Do you like it?" I questioned, as I could tell she was impressed with my workmanship.

"Yes, it is wonderful'', she murmured, her gaze fixed on the painting and not on me. I couldn't stop grinning. She was aware of it because she said, ''What is it Alex?''

''Your kind of admiring me?", oh crap, where did that come from?

"What do you mean?" she inquired.

I started stroking my palm on the back of my neck as I became nervous. ''Uhhhmmmm that's my painting''.

"It can't be, can it?" she exclaimed, shocked. "You're A. Scott?" 

I pointed to myself and said, "That's me."

''You wound me Alaya''

''How so?'', she asked.

"Hey, you may have the brains, but I'm good with my fingers," I explained, extending my hands to demonstrate. My inner self was begging me, "Alex, act cool, please act cool."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that; I meant that I didn't think of you as an artist." she tried to explain.

We locked gazes for a brief moment. I could stare at her for days. When she cleared her throat, we knew it was time to move on. "Shall we continue...' I mumbled. She smiled and nodded.

I guided her around the west building, pointing out the different departments. We explored the onsite gym and swimming pool, as well as multiple canteens, dining halls, and the career centre. 

We had already spent nearly an hour together. Her phone suddenly began to ring, and she went to check it.

She looked at me and said "Alex, thank you so much for the tour, but I have to head to my first class, so I guess I'll see you around'', she waved  and said her goodbyes.

Yes, I look forward to seeing you again.....

Hey lovelies, I hope you have been enjoying reading the chapters as much as I have enjoyed writing them. I'm not a writer and am not striving to be but I do enjoy penning my ideas. I can't wait for you to all see what's in store. Don't forget to vote and comment- S