Chapter 4.

I arrived at my destination after a long journey. It's safe to say my first day was not going as planned, due to that self-centered jerk! He's going to be sorry if I ever see that piece of garbage again.

I was about an hour behind schedule. I'd already missed the scheduled campus tour at 9 a.m. As a result, I had to walk to the reception area on the other side of campus to find out where I needed to go. I dashed to the east side of campus, following the directions on the placards.

When I walked into the reception area, I was met by a middle-aged woman dressed in a brown shirt dress that was perhaps one size too big for her petite body, a cream jacket, and glasses that were considerably too big for her face and were put at the bottom tip of her nose rather than the top. I took a peek at the name badge on her blazer, which said Helen.

Helen smiled and asked, "How may I assist you, dear?" I returned the smile and stated that I was running late and had already missed the campus tour and didn't know what to do next. Helen was quite helpful; she informed me that the next tour was expected at 10 a.m., and that I would be able to join. She guided me to the campus's west side building and told me that I needed to talk with the tour leader, whose name she said was Alex, and that he would be fine with me joining the group.

I followed the directions and arrived at the entrance by the west side building, where I noticed a group of folks I assumed were members of the tour group. I asked one of the gathering people if I was in the right place, and he confirmed that I was.

Finally, I assured myself that I can get on with my day and forget about what had occurred earlier as a result of that selfish jackass.

"Can everyone please gather around, the tours about to begin," a male requested loudly. I assumed it was Alex, the man Helen mentioned. Because my petite frame hindered me from seeing Alex, I moved to the side to get a better look at the tour guide.

My eyes were about to bulge out of their sockets.

 Right in front of me stood the jerk that pushed past me to board the bus, causing me to be late!! 

So much for hoping for a brighter day.

Hey Lovelies,

I hope you are all enjoying the chapters. Please give a like and add any pointers, comments or recommendations on where you would like the story to go. Don't forget to vote.- S