Chapter 7.

Alaya's POV

I got a little tired of reading, and suddenly I realized that I hadn't eaten anything all day. I remember my mom handing me a lunch box.  I still had some free time before starting my first class, I decided to go outside and enjoy the warmth of the sun while having something to eat.

I found a nice spot under a huge tree, in great shade. I put my cardigan on the grass and sat down. After finishing my lunch I placed my air pods in my ears, lied down, while the music drifted from my favorite playlist, singing along and basking in the sun. 

 Suddenly, a tall figure loomed over me, blocking out the sun. I couldn't help but squint as it was difficult to make out who it is. It wasn't until I started to sit up slowly that I saw who it was.

''You!'' I said in a high-pitched voice. 

It was none other then Ass-hole Alex. I swear if didn't know any better I would bet he was making it his mission to ruin any bit of peace I had. I placed my hand on my head as I felt a headache coming on. This was the effect he had on me.

''Hey, uuhhmm, listen I'm sorry about earlier on'', he said, ''I wasn't trying to be a jerk...''

He seemed nervous as he started to stroke  his palm at the back of his neck 

''Can we start over?''

''What do you mean?'' I replied.

''I mean we'll probably see a lot of each other at the university, so I'd like us to be friends, not enemies"

''Well that depends'', I wondered how sincere he was, ''you still haven't  apologised or explained your bad behaviour. Do you regularly push in lines at the bus stop?''

He raised his hands in protest, and said ''no I promise the Alex you saw this morning isn't the real Alex. I had a bike puncture and was running late for the campus tour. You know the one you did not want to be a part of because of me'' A small laugh escaped him. 

''Yes, don't remind me, I was actually looking forward to that'' I told him, while rolling my eyes.

''Well if you have some free time I can take you on a mini tour now, that's only if you want to...'' 

I hadn't explored the campus as much, just the library. I have to admit his invitation for the mini tour was welcomed, but I wasn't going to let him know that. I looked at the clock on my phone and realized that I still had time before the first lesson started. I hope I don't regret this I thought to myself- ''okay, let's see what tour guide Alex has to offer". He smiled at me.

We walked a few steps, and Alex turned to me and said ''Hey, what's your name by the way?'

''My name is Alaya''

He held out his hand to shake, as if we were about to start a meeting. What was up with that? Nonetheless, I pulled out my hand and he said: ''nice to meet you Alaya''.

Hey lovelies, hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I loved writing it. Please vote and leave a comment with any suggestions. - S