Chapter 15

Alaya's POV:

I'd arrived early on campus, just in time to grab a hot drink from the canteen. I heard my phone ring as I walked to the canteen. Alex had sent me a text message.

Alex: Hey Alaya, it's me Alex. 😊

Alaya: Hey Alex, I know it's you as I have your number saved, remember? Lols  What's up?

Alex: Are you free to meet up? I have some exciting news. 😀

Alaya: I have class in a bit. Just grabbing myself a hot drink from the canteen. I have some time before class. You want to meet up now?

Alex: Sure, on my way. See you soon.

I couldn't help but smile when I saw his text message. The line was not nearly as long as I had anticipated. I took a seat at a table with my macchiato and a blueberry muffin. Alex arrived and had slid the chair out to sit next to me as I sipped my hot drink.

He gave me a friendly smile. Until now, I hadn't noticed the dimples that appeared when he smiled so warmly at me. He was dressed casually in a grey shirt, black cargo pants, and lace-up high boots. His wavy mousey brown hair was uncombed, with strands dangling over his brow. His beautiful emerald green eyes shone brightly today.

"Hey, Alex?' I asked as I sipped my hot drink and bit into a fresh muffin.

Alex's POV

"How are you doing, Alaya?" I responded. 

She looked absolutely stunning today. She was dressed in skinny jeans, a floral top, and flat shoes. Her hair was in a messy bun and her make up was minimal but effective to bring out her glorious brown eyes. She was perfect.

"I'm fine, thank you."  While biting into her muffin, she asked, "You wanted to see me, is everything okay?"

"Yes, I spoke with Professor Green, and he requested to see some of your art work before deciding whether or not to grant you a space on the trip for the art programme. Do you have any art that you think we can show him?"

"At home, I have a lot of artwork. Nothing special, just some sketches I did in my spare time. I don't believe he'll be impressed since I don't know if they're good or not," she remarked hesitantly.

"Don't put yourself down, Alaya. I'm sure your work is exceptional. Will you show them to me when I come over to tutor the boys later?''  I responded with optimism.

''Of course. But Alex my parents can't find out about this. I feel bad for even considering transferring majors, let alone actually doing so.... '' 

She rambled on for a time, pondering her choice. ''Let's forget about this whole thing, shall we? Besides there is no such thing as having too many doctors, after all. Perhaps I'll find a cure for some terrible disease....." 

I tenderly grabbed her arms and peered into her eyes without thinking. Sparks of electricity rushed through my body. As she fixed her stare into my eyes, I'm sure she felt it as well.

"Alaya, no one will push you do anything you don't want to do. You are more than capable of making your own decision. I just want you to have a look at the options. Okay? Now, for the sake of me, take a big breath. Tomorrow morning, we'll go to Professor Green together and show him your sketches. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he'll let you go to the art programme. If you don't have any artistic talent, believe me when I say Professor Green will make you aware of it."

A frown suddenly appeared on Alayas forehead which caught me off guard. Did I say something I shouldn't have?

"Alex, why are you helping me? We hardly know each other very well,'' she inquired.

Phew!! I was expecting her to say something else.

"I'm not sure, Alaya, but I think you're one of a kind. You've got it all: looks, intelligence, and talent. You're the complete package"

She cleared her throat as a signal to let go, I let go of Alaya's arms. Her cheeks had turned scarlet. I suppose I made her blush, but I was right; she was the whole package. I know it sounds absurd, but I really like this girl. 

"I'm going to class now. I suppose I'll see you at my house later?' she said.

"You will, without a doubt."

I can hardly wait I thought to myself.

Hey Lovelies, I hope you are enjoying the chapters. Please comment if there are suggestions or feedback you think I need in order to change the chapters. More importantly please vote. I appreciate all of your support- S 👑