Chapter 38

Alaya POV

Never in a million years could I imagine myself feeling this way about someone. Surprisingly, however, I felt fantastic about telling him how I was feeling. I'm so happy he can see us both having a future.

My feelings for Alex are growing stronger with each passing day. When he stated he could picture us getting married in the future, I was overjoyed. We're still young, so it wouldn't be something we did right away because we still have our studies to complete, but the fact that he said it has made my world go round. 

I know that I have fallen for Alex. I wanted to tell him I was in love with him, but something stopped me. I'm afraid to tell him because I'm fearful it will crush my heart if the feelings aren't returned. I hope telling him he was my favourite person on the earth made up for it. I'd never be able to feel the way I do about Alex with anyone else. That man has fully enthralled me. 

We'd arrived at our destination, which was marked by a big rock bearing the words 'The National Art Institute.' Professor Green was busy at the front desk, trying to get everyone booked into their cabins. Two persons were supposed to share a cabin. Professor Green had already decided that no mixing would be allowed and had paired me with a girl called Roxy. A key card was given to Roxy and myself for cabin 2.  As I was struggling, I waited for Alex to be handed his key card so he could help me and bring my suitcase to my cabin. A key card for Cabin 8 was given to Alex. Was Professor Green attempting to separate us on purpose? I got it when he stated no mixing, but being separated by so many cabins was a cruel punishment.

"Do you realise how far your cabin is from mine, Alex? How will we be able to see each other if we are so far apart?" In a gloomy tone, I asked.

"Is that what's bothering you, Alaya? What's a few of cabins?" He said it with a smile, as if he was trying to make it sound better than it was. "By the way, the service here isn't fantastic, so your phone might not function because of signal problems. Why don't you go inside and freshen up as we've had a long day in the coach today. Since we arrived a little later than intended, the Professor mentioned that dinner would be served in our cabins tonight rather than the canteen. We'll have to eat in the canteen for the next two days. I'm going to freshen up as well " He continued to say before leaving me alone in my cabin with my huge suitcase.

To make things easier for the next two days, I had resolved to unpack my belongings from my suitcase. Roxy, my roommate, was nowhere to be seen, and neither was her suitcase. Perhaps she was out, becoming familiar with the place. My cabin was modest in size but charming. Nothing extravagant, just two single beds with white bedding sheets and a small flat screen television hung on the opposite wall. On either side of the bed was a bedside cabinet with an antique light shade. There were two basic pine chairs in the corner, together with a tiny table. There was only one painting on the wall, which was of flowers in a vase, despite the fact that we were in an art programme.

As I was packing my belongings, I decided to take a shower because I needed to freshen up.  I had put my phone on charge, even though it seemed pointless as when I looked at the screen, I realised Alex was right; there was no service here, and I had no idea how I was going to deal with not hearing from him. I shook my head to dismiss the unpleasant thought. So I proceeded into the bathroom with my  toiletries bag and beige loungewear set, to change into once I showered.

As I stepped into the shower, I realised how much I needed it after that long journey. I figured I have enough time, so I blow dried my hair and left it down because it looked good. Following that, I completed my skin care routine.

I cleaned up the bathroom a little so my roommate wouldn't think I was a slob.

My heart sprang out of my body as I walked out of the bathroom. Alex was half-sitting on my bed, his elbows leaning back, and his face was bright with a huge smile. 

Hey Lovelies

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment- S