Chapter 26

Alex POV:

After leaving Alaya with Zayn, I returned home and couldn't concentrate. God, there's something about that guy that doesn't seem right, and yet there he is, hanging out with my girl. I hope he doesn't have any ideas about Alaya. I don't trust him. Should I send Alaya a text first? No, that's not a good idea because I don't want her to think it's bothering me that she is with 'perfect Zayney'.

My phone buzzed just as I was about to go into the shower. That must be Alaya.

Alaya:  Alex, are you awake? I miss you!! 😙

Alex: Hey beautiful,  I'm awake. I've been waiting for your text. Has Zed gone? 

Alaya: Lol.  His name is Zayn and yes he's left. I said I miss you!! 💔

AlexI miss you too!! 💔  

What are your plans for tomorrow. I don't think I can go a day without seeing you. 🙁

Alaya: I know same here. Dad's home tomorrow so I will have to let you know if I can pop down. 

Alex: I don't know how I'll manage not seeing you until Monday. I guess we will have to text and face time?

Alaya: Speaking of texting. Where's my cheesy text message for the night? I was hoping you would have texted me while Zayn was here. I had to ask him to leave so I could text you. 

Alex: So you do like the cheesy messages then? Okay well Miss Khan that means I'll have to up my game then. Lols

Alaya: Yes you do. So come on give it to me.

Alex:  If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put 'U' and 'I' together.

Alaya: Hehehe...  🥰

I must admit that reading  Alaya had asked Zayn to leave so she could text me made me feel good. This was a great boost to my self-esteem. So she approves of my cheesy text messages. I guess I'm on the right track.

We'd spent the majority of the night texting. I didn't realise it was almost 4 a.m. until Alaya said she had to perform her morning prayer. I didn't want to end the night, but I had to because I had to get ready for work in a few hours. We said our goodnights and waited the arrival of the morning.

Hey lovelies,

I'm not pleased with this chapter to be honest as struggling to push the story forward to a particular sweet place. I know I'll get there but experiencing writers block and not sure how to get out of it. Please vote and comment. -S