Chapter 3.

The sun shone brightly on me as I walked to the bus station. I placed my air pods in my ears and listened to my Spotify playlist.

It took roughly 10 minutes to get to the bus station. As I approached the bus stop, I noticed that a few people had already gathered, hinting that the bus will be crowded.

Perhaps I should have listened to my mum and not wasted so much time, I concluded. Buses were my least favourite mode of transportation. I didn't like all the squeezing, shoving, and squashing. I promised myself that I would leave a little earlier the next day.

When I saw the bus approaching, I got in line and waited to board.

When it was my turn to board the bus, a young man abruptly pushed past me and swiped his bus pass before I could react.

"Hey, you pushed in," I couldn't help but exclaim. I was enraged; how dare this man barge in when everyone had patiently waited their turn?

"Sorry sweetie, I can't let you on because we're full and you'll have to wait for the next bus," the bus driver remarked as soon as it was my turn to scan my bus card. "But he pushed in," I countered, pointing to the young man who ran in front of me selfishly.

The bus driver simply shrugged his shoulders and raised his hands in the air, indicating that he couldn't do anything. I simply glared at the young man and muttered, "I hope you're pleased with yourself," and then stormed off the bus.

So there I was, waiting for the next bus and attempting to control my rage.

Hi All,
Hope you are not getting bored. Trust me the next chapter  is going to be so good.  I am trying to slowly get into the crux of the story. Alaya is not going to know what hits her next. Please vote and comment. Thanks- S