Chapter 6.

Alex POV:

I despise the sound of my alarm clock. It irritates me to no end. I grabbed my phone to turn off the alarm as I slowly began to drift out of my warm, cosy bed. I hadn't realised I'd left my alarm on snooze mode.

"Oh shit!! I'm going to be late. Damn my snooze button."

As a second-year university student, I had been asked to lead a few tours for all of the first-year students this week. I don't volunteer for these types of events, believe me when I say that. I was obliged to do this since I had been slacking in my studies lately and and this was the only way for the professors to get off my back. The things I have to do.

I quickly got changed, there was no time for break fast. I grabbed my helmet and spotted a puncture in the front wheel as I approached the front entrance where my bicycle was.

"Fuck, this can't happen today!", I yelled to myself. I raised my hands above my head, attempting to come up with a plan of action. "Great! I'll have to take the bus "

I raced out the front door, grabbing my backpack. As I ran up to the bus stop, I could see the bus approaching. I couldn't wait any longer because the queue was already long and I was short on time. As I neared the bus, I ran past this young lady and scanned my bus ticket.

"Hey you pushed in," the young lady said, but I didn't respond.

I overheard the bus driver mutter something to the young lady I had rushed by, and then saw her turn back and say to me as she hopped off the bus, "hope you're pleased with yourself".

I felt bad, but I couldn't afford to be late. It's not as if she couldn't get on the following bus. I needed to be on campus by 9 a.m., or my professor would be mad.

It wasn't as if I was going to see her again.

_____________

An hour or so later.....
______________

I had already completed the first tour of the day, which started at 9 a.m., and had arrived 20 minutes ahead of schedule. Between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., I was told I had to give the same tour to four different groups. I was ready to begin the tour with my second group and had requested them to gather around when one of the attendees suddenly shrieked:

"You"

The voice sounded familiar but where was it coming from?

I traced the attendee and couldn't believe it was the person I had rushed past at the bus stop! My cheeks were flushed with humiliation, and I could feel them turning flaming red. I had given up hope of ever seeing her again. Yet here she was.

She continued to yell at me:
"Because of you I was kicked off the bus, and had to wait for the next one which hadn't arrived until 25 minutes later and so I ended up coming late! Are you proud of yourself ?!??!"

I tried to signal a peace sign but it failed. I don't think she appreciated it as I could see the expression on her face had changed to anger.

"Who do you think you are? I'm not finished talking!!"

"Aren't you going to apologise to me? "

I stepped down from the large stone I was standing on and began to walk towards her. The group's eyes locked on us.

We were now face to face. In that moment I couldn't help but think how attractive she was. Earth to Alex.

I want sure how to start the conversation and in a panic I just blabbed the following:

"Hey, my name's Alex, I'm so sorry for what happened this morning. Is it okay if we discuss this later, I'm kind of about to start a tour. Your more then welcome to join us?"

Her response wasn't what I was expecting.

"Is that supposed to be an apology? Helen sent me over, as I had missed the 9am tour no thanks to you. But I'm going to pass on this tour as there's no way I want to spend an hour with you. Goodbye Ass-hole!!"

She stormed off! How rude of her?!!?

What was her problem, I mean I did apologise and I asked if we could discuss this later. I wanted to chase after her but the group was waiting for me. Damn.

I will find her later, I thought.

Hey lovelies
I hope you are enjoying the chapter so far. Please vote and comment if you feel like I should add anything in.- SA