Chapter 52

Alaya POV

Before being taken in a wheel chair to another room, I was given a hospital gown to change into. I was led into a room that resembled a laboratory and was completely white. There was no other colour in sight. The room had a rather clinical odour to it.

Ilene advised me that I needed to make a statement about what had happened. Why are they forcing me to relive something I'd rather forget? "I don't... I don't want to go through it all over again," I muttered, tears welling up in my eyes.

"We will not make you do anything you do not want to do, Alaya. However, we believe it is in your best interests to tell us what happened so that we can take appropriate action while we do the examination. If you are still uncomfortable then we will stop and proceed at your own pace." I nodded in accord as Ilene outlined this to me.

A female who introduced herself as Dr Stevens, was sitting in a chair, with a notepad and pen in hand, asked, "Can you explain to us in your own words what happened?"

"My boyfriend had left his wallet in my house, and I was waiting for him to come get it. Because I had to drop my brothers off at school and then go to Uni the next morning, I figured I'd clean up while I waited. I went to answer the door when I heard a knock, believing it was my boyfriend. But... it was him..." My pulse started racing again as I panicked at the image of him that had appeared in my thoughts.

"It's all right, Alaya. Please take your time. Who was it who knocked on the door? ", said the doctor, as if to soothe me.

I said with great difficulty, "It was..... Zayyynn.... Ahmed."  Saying his name made me feel like I was betraying my body. Even the sound of his name caused shivers to go through me.

"He was drunk and I asked him to leave multiple times. He barged his way through my front door. I tried to fight him off, but I wasn't strong enough. Why didn't I fight harder? I hate myself so much." I went on, sobbing uncontrollably. "He did this after I turned down his proposal a few weeks ago. He claimed to have loved me since we were kids, but then he did this to me. How can he love me after what he's done to me?"

"What did he do to you, Alaya?" the doctor inquired. She was aware of what he had done, but she needed me to confirm it.

"He.... he... raped me..." This was confirmed by me. That statement emitted from my mouth had betrayed my body once more. To cover my shame, I buried my swelling face in the palms of my hands.

"Alex Scott, your boyfriend, was the one who called 999. He was detained on charges of sexual assault. But now that you've identified who did it, we'll notify the authorities right away ",  the doctor explained to me.

"Alex.... did he see me in this state?" I inquired. My body was filled with shame once more. He will never accept me after this.

"Yes, he was the one who found you." She validated my fears. If my heart wasn't already crushed, it felt like it had been bulldozed.

************

I was instructed to lie down on the empty bed. I was informed about the nature of the examination. I felt like I was apart of science project.

My legs were parted and swabs were extracted from me. When they did this, it made me squirm. I had a nagging ache in that place. They photographed the parts of my body that he had polluted. I was told that I would be tested for STIs and that I would have to come back in a few weeks for a pregnancy test because he never used any protection. The morning after pill was also supplied to me. When the female doctor spoke to me, I felt numb. I was attempting to blot out the entire situation but failing horribly.

I was picturing myself and Alex enjoying the sunset together. That was my happy place. I could feel a little smile emerge on my face, but it quickly vanished, when I winced from the pain of the swelling and cuts on my face. That jolted me back to my senses. Alex won't want me and I don't expect him to be with me now. At least I will have fond memories to remember him by. 

 I'm not the same Alaya anymore. That Alaya is dead. She won't be making an appearance anytime soon. Why would he want me, all broken, anyway? He deserves so much better.

Please vote and comment- S