Chapter 21

Alayas POV

Alex failed to show up to my brothers' tuition lesson. Surprisingly, they were looking forward to the session and were disappointed when mum informed them that he couldn't attend today due to not feeling well. What a nitwit. 

I didn't want to admit it, but a part of me yearned to see him. When my mother told the twins that he wouldn't be attending, my heart sunk. We had spent so much time together over the past few days that I had grown accustomed to his presence. Although I hate to admit it, I enjoyed his company and believed he did as well. I wished he'd shown up tonight. 'Stop thinking like that, Alaya,' my thoughts said, 'it's probably for the best he didn't show up.'

Was it for the best? I was in need of answers. I was puzzled as to why he had run away from me. I lay in my bed, thinking all of the possible reasons for Alex's actions. Nothing seemed to be able to make my heartache go away.

''Alaayyaa..... can you please come downstairs, I need you to do something for me'',  my mother shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

''Oh mum, what do you want me to do. Can't you ask the twins to help?"  I questioned. Here I am in the midst of a mega dilemma, and my mother will most likely want me to assist her with the twins, who are most likely up to no good.

''No the twins can't help, please come downstairs'' she replied. 

When I got downstairs, my mother handed me a bag that appeared to be full of packed meals. My mother saw my puzzled expression and said, "I've made some chicken noodle soup for Alex. He's not feeling well, and I remember him telling me that he doesn't have family nearby, so I felt he could do with some homemade soup to get better. Can you please drop it off to him?''

What the actual f**k! I thought to myself. ''Mum, how am I supposed to take this to him. I don't even know where he lives?''.

''Well I do. I mailed him a check to cover your brother's tuition. You know how much I dislike online banking'',  she said, handing it to me. ''Plus your brothers are fond of him and they seemed to be getting along well. You know  how hard it has been to get a tutor to teach your brothers. My darling sweetheart, please don't spoil this for me". My mother pleaded.

I put on my coat and grabbed my handbag. Looks like I'll be getting some answers today after all.

Alexs POV

I felt ashamed as I didn't go to Alaya's house today. I told Mrs Khan I wasn't feeling well. I couldn't look Alaya in the eyes. I knew my actions today had caused her pain, and I knew that seeing her would just add to my guilt. 

It didn't make my desire to see her go away, though. The last few days had been incredible. It felt like I was at home in Alaya's house. I had been observing her home life. I liked how her family all came together to eat, watch TV shows, and pray together, even if Mrs Khan was a little quirky and loud at times. Growing up, I never had that, and being in their home made me realise how much I craved it.

A tap at the door drew my attention away from my thoughts. That's odd, I thought; I'm sure my roommate is in his room, and he's not the social kind, so we never have visitors.

When I went to answer the door, I was taken aback when I saw who my visitor was.

Hey Lovelies, I hope you are enjoying the story so far. Please vote and comment- S 🚪