Chapter 29

Alaya POV:

I was so overwhelmed by what had just happened in the car. As I walked into the café, I was wondering whether I should tell Alex about what had happened as he was right all along. I felt terrible for upsetting Zayn. He's always treated me with kindness and respect. But I couldn't be with him if my heart had been given to someone else. That would be dishonest of me. When I'm able to tell my parents about Alex, I'm hoping Zayn will understand why I let him down.

As I opened the door to the café I was greeted by my handsome man. He had the largest grin plastered on his face. I love how his dimples emerge when he smiles. I couldn't keep myself from giving him a big hug. The aroma that flooded my nostril was exquisite. Alex had a fresh, minty, musky, and warm fragrance. In his embrace, I felt at ease.

"Hey, where is everyone?" , I asked, as I let go and looked around

"It's closing up time. Everyone has left. It's just you and me here. I'm hoping you haven't eaten yet because I've prepared sandwiches for us. I figured we'd eat together?'' He led me to the table where he had already laid out our plates. I appreciated his effort because there was a candle lit and a flower in a small vase. It was bright and cheerful.

I hugged him again and murmured, ''Awh, aren't you the sweetest?''

As I sat down to take my seat, I teased, "OK, let's see what your sandwich tastes like."

''Alaya I made sure not to add any meats to your sandwich. It's nothing more than a cheese salad sandwich. Oh, and the butter is also vegetarian-friendly. I realise you can't eat some items that aren't deemed halal''  he remarked, his face gleaming as if he had accomplished something significant.

My face took on a loving expression. As I peered into his tranquil green eyes, I reached for his hand and I said "Alex, that was so thoughtful of you. How did you know about this?".

His face was flushed, and I could see it.

"I haven't told you anything about my family, have I? My stepfather Amar is a practicing Muslim. Amar and my mum met in Dubai, where he is from. My mum is not a Muslim, and that's fine with him. So, since I figured you're also a Muslim, I've been calling him for advice on what to do and what not to do. To be honest, he's been incredibly helpful," he informed me, his face still flushed from my question.

 "I can't believe how lucky I am to have you in my life. I thought I would have to teach you these things but it seems you are one step ahead of me."

Is there anything else this handsome man can do to make me swoon? He has literally snatched my heart.

After biting into the sandwich, I'd give him an A for effort. I was trying to finish it because of all the effort he put in but it was proving difficult.

"Alex, how come you didn't mention your father? Could you please tell me a little bit more about your family?' I inquired cautiously so as not to cause any offense.

Alex POV:

''Well my dad hasn't  been around since I was 8 years old. He just packed his things one day, left, and never returned. From what I recall of him, he was a nasty man. I recall him coming home drunk every evening, always bickering with my mother, and even hitting her once. I suppose I owe it to him that I've never gone off the rails. I keep myself and my mind healthy. I do not drink or party and I like to stay away from trouble".  I chuckled as I replied, "The one exception being you."

"Hey!"  She mocked and softly smacked my arm.  "So you don't drink alcohol or party: are you sure you're not Muslim?"  She further teased winking at me.

 "No Alaya I'm not a Muslim. Amar has never forced his beliefs on us.'' I answered.

"It sounds like your mother did an excellent job raising you. She must be so proud.''  she added.

"Mum wasn't the only one who raised me. I owe my gratitude to my nan and funnily enough Amar. I was hesitant to accept Amar at first because it had always been me, my mum, and nan, but as the years passed, I realised he was a great guy. To be honest, meeting Amar was the best thing that could have happened to my mum," I replied with a calming expression. Amar really was an amazing guy. I sometimes wished he was my father. He taught me so many things growing up.

''Thank you for sharing that with me Alex.'' She stated as she rubbed my hand with her thumb and smiled warmly into my eyes. 

Alaya's touch jolted me by sending shockwaves through my body. My thoughts were begging me to reach over and kiss her, so I had to concentrate. "I take it you aren't a fan of the sandwich?" I said, shaking my head to clear my thoughts. I swear I'm fucking in love this girl.

"It was delicious, Alex," she said, her eyes widened with a forced smile. My girl does not want to insult me, so she's trying her best to lie.

''It's okay if you don't like it. Remember, I'm not the best cook." I joked as I reminded her.

"Haha okay it's horrible Alex! Maybe I can teach you how to prepare food sometime? Luckily mum has shown me around the kitchen. We used to bake and cook a lot when I was little." She said while offering to help, which I gladly accepted.

"That sounds like a date to me!"   With a smile pasted on my face, I replied. 

''What time is it? I must get home in time for dinner. Dad is expecting me.'' she asked, panicking as she gathered her belongings. ''I get lost in time when I'm with you''.  She feels the same way I do.

" Do you have to go Alaya?'' I pleaded.

"Yes I'm sorry but I must leave now. I'll see you tomorrow'', she said. As she was walking out the door I pulled her round towards me and hugged her. I knew kissing her on the lips was off bounds but this was the closest I could get to her and I wanted to leave a lasting impression. It was exactly what I had envisioned. My body erupted in sparks, jolting me to my core. I knew she felt it too. She had closed her eyes, smiled and wrapped her arms around me too.

"Alex.... please.... I... have to.... go'' she mumbled. 

''Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then. Alaya I really...really... like you'' I said before she departed.

Before I could close up, I had to clear the table and do a few dishes.

I stepped out of the café after turning off the lights. As I turned the key to lock the main door I felt something heavy strike my head ,and the next thing I knew, I was out cold.

Hey lovelies,

Please vote and comment- S 🥊